What the hell is going on, eh? (inofficial news)

Come here to talk about Nosferatu and related stuff.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Mort Rouge on Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:27 pm

TheFrog4u wrote:Again: Art is NOT the problem.. a very experienced and high motivated coder is needed to build a first little alpha on his own.. there is enough art to use.. and THAN we can talk about adding more maps, playermodels, weapons and stuff

Sorry, I'm just eager to help in any way! :roll:
Mort Rouge

Postby Insulaner on Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Subslaytanic wrote:The most promising uncommercial game project has just announced its death!

That's the deal with uncommercial games. For quite a long time, I thought Nosferatu wouldn't be one of those games, with lots of art and no code to speak of, since GF actually did a lot of stuff for Nos. Keep that in mind btw, the stuff GF did with the Q2 engine was amazing!!

The problem is, that the whole design-system behind Nos was completely wrong. We shouldn't have gone public that big with the new website and the weekly news-updates before we had at least an internal beta. As motivated as we all have been before that, as fast did we lose the motivation shortly after. We were so worried about publicity that we almost completely forgot to make a game.

To be really honest with you, I would try learn out of those mistakes we made and start with a fresh new project, with a real design concept, a working Scrum system for all departements, some departement managers and a timetable everybody should try to stick to. There's a reason why every good studio in the industry is having all this crap. Because it essential to make a game!

To be honest, if GF would ask me again, to work with him under those circumstances, I'd definitely do it again.

Just my 2 cents.
(+dru-) If the entire german language could be summed up into one small word, it'd be 'achtung!'
Insulaner
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Mort Rouge on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:05 am

Amen! (In a sort of non christian way :roll: ...)
Mort Rouge

Postby SpiritXIII on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:10 am

'tis a shame...
but...oh gawd I wish I was good enough at coding....
{13th}
SpiritXIII

Previous

Return to General Chat