What the hell is going on, eh? (inofficial news)

Come here to talk about Nosferatu and related stuff.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

What the hell is going on, eh? (inofficial news)

Postby TheFrog4u on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi there,

this is in inofficial news update from me an my opinion about nos as a team-member.
Month come an go but what happens behind the scences? I tell you somthing: Nothing. It´s sad but true. Maybe Ghost is working on nos, but if he does he´s doing it behind closed doors and talking to nobody. That´s disapointing, not only you the fans.
So what is the progress of nos to date? Media like Weapons, Animations, Maps, Playermodels and stuff have been done and are complete enough for a little first beta.. let´s call it demo.. and much of these things have never been shown to the public. But, and thats the point, the things are old.. Very old. According to this we would have been able to release (or just test intern) a beta a year ago or earlier like ghost has anounced christmas 2006.. As we all know nothing happens, and we keeped waiting.. and waiting. During this waiting period most of the team members lost their motivation and left the team. And when I say "most" I mean all! There is no (NO!) team behind nos anymore. Nobody (exept ghost, but this is not for sure) is working on nos atm.
Oh, we have´nt let die nos without a fight. There have indeed been promising attempts to get a core team back on nos.. but they failed.. And my hopings that there will be somebody with motivation onto finishing this mod have gone..
I swear I´ll be there if some people, at least ghost, say: fuck, lets get this thing done ..oh to clear this: I haven´t done anything a while too.. and I guess any team member looking into the intern boards thinks: If they didn´t do anything, I won´t do anything, too. So what´s missing is a simple plan with an AKTIVE leader saying I´ll need this, this and that and you´ll get an intern build in 3 weeks.. too sad that this will not happen.

thank you for supporting the mod, and sry that we disapointed you so much. If someone wanting the mod not to die, I´m the man.. its not up to me anymore, tough.

Frog
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Subslaytanic on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:59 pm

NooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!

The most promising uncommercial game project has just announced its death!

Thanks to the team for the efforts, you have put into the game so far! Sad day...
Did you see the red mist block your path?
Did the scissors cut their way to your heart?
Did you feel the envy for the sons of mothers tearing you apart?
Arriving somewhere but not here...
Subslaytanic

Postby Mort Rouge on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:41 pm

No... I REFUSE THIS!

I could help, anything?

Release the Source Code and let other people work on it?

Don't die on me, please? PWEEEASE?!?!

We were such a great gang...

Remember the "Fear-days"? huh, huh?!?!

Goddamnit...
Mort Rouge

Postby Kilt Gaston on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:44 pm

I was fearing something like this would happen.

it's a shame to see such a promising game like this die, but what can you do?

well, good luck to all of you ex-DRS guys on your future projects, here's hoping they don't share the same fate.
Kilt Gaston

Postby Pardner on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:53 am

Well, I have to thank-you for your honesty Frog, although, I'm not too terribly surprised.... 1 update in the last year or so. I wish there is something I could do; I can map, but my previous inquires about mapping went unanswered. I have been on a couple (more than 1, less than 3) dev teams that have just fallen apart just like NOS, and I can completely understand why you don't want to continue deving. I hope someone, some day, will continue this game, but until then, I will continue to lurk the forums.
Last edited by Pardner on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pardner

Postby FraGGer on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Hey Froggy, ill contact you trough PM :)
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Mazu on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:13 pm

It's hard to accept that nos really is dead :(
I will still continue to read the forums and hope for the best.
Mazu

Postby Subslaytanic on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:32 pm

FraGGer wrote:Hey Froggy, ill contact you trough PM :)

Yep! Do that! And get a team together! (Please let me dream)
Wish, I could be of any help, but I'm afraid, I don't have more experience in game developing than a rock.

As long, as they're still up, I'll visit the forums from time to time, no matter what happens to the game progress.
Did you see the red mist block your path?
Did the scissors cut their way to your heart?
Did you feel the envy for the sons of mothers tearing you apart?
Arriving somewhere but not here...
Subslaytanic

Postby Mort Rouge on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:23 am

Isn't there something we could do? We could start anew with this project! I mean, most of us definately has skills in some ways, whether it's programming or art. I would just like to hear from Ghostface... Has he MSN or something?
Mort Rouge

Postby TheFrog4u on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Mort Rouge wrote:Isn't there something we could do? We could start anew with this project! I mean, most of us definately has skills in some ways, whether it's programming or art. I would just like to hear from Ghostface... Has he MSN or something?

Contact: http://board.nosferatuthegame.com/profi ... rofile&u=2

If we would found someone motivated and very skilled in coding who would also be able to replace ghostface´s position as leader we wouldn´t have a problem.. but I think thats nearly impossible and so its still up to ghost if the mod will have a second chance or not. Seems he isn´t even looking into the forums anymore, though..
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Mort Rouge on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:41 am

TheFrog4u wrote:
Mort Rouge wrote:If we would found someone motivated and very skilled in coding who would also be able to replace ghostface´s position as leader we wouldn´t have a problem.. but I think thats nearly impossible and so its still up to ghost if the mod will have a second chance or not. Seems he isn´t even looking into the forums anymore, though..

I could be artistical leader :roll: ...

No, serious, I could help with art, texturing and music, if we could get the ship going again. I really mean to that I don't want this project to die. Even if we must switch to a new engine I'm up to the fight!
Mort Rouge

Postby TheFrog4u on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:20 am

Again: Art is NOT the problem.. a very experienced and high motivated coder is needed to build a first little alpha on his own.. there is enough art to use.. and THAN we can talk about adding more maps, playermodels, weapons and stuff

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby FraGGer on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:38 am

Like I told ya, I can compile it
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby TheFrog4u on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:12 am

what are you waiting for? :twisted: ..you will have to speak with ghost and try to get the source and stuff, though there will be much more to do than just compile.

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Roberticus on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:38 am

FraGGer, could you ask Ghostface if you could get the source code? This is one game I really want to play. Or do you already have it?
Roberticus

Next

Return to General Chat