Countdown to 23.09.2008

Come here to talk about Nosferatu and related stuff.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby FraGGer on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:40 pm

I sincerely guess/hope that if Ghost picks up where we left it might work out, but I say might because to be honest I dont have that much hope left anymore

sigh /emo :P
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby TheFrog4u on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:53 am

..yeah, I haven´t heared a word from ghostface the last few month..
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Roberticus on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:47 pm

So noone have any contact with ghosty? Is he deliberately avoiding us? :? Did he have a harddrive crash and all Nos content went bye bye? Or don't have time anymore? or lack of inspiration..?

So many questions...
Roberticus

Postby FraGGer on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:15 am

I have answers to none of that questions
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby PoPoX on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 am

Hey guys. The last time I visited this site is long time ago.

Now i was checking out whats going on here, and i am suprised that GF is not looking into the board for a long time.

I don't see him very often, but I will try to catch him and ask what's his plans for NOS are.

I think it's the the very intense work he has now over 1 and a half year.

Maybe I can bring him back to the game. :?
PoPoX

Postby Kilt Gaston on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:43 am

good luck.
Kilt Gaston

Postby Insulaner on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Kudos to you guys for still hanging around here, even though this project has 'Dead' written all over it. I think only a handful of hobby projects have such a dedicated community behind them. I think the whole team agrees that this community helped the project alot, even though it didn't end the way we all wanted it to.

About half a year we wanted to get the whole team back together, but it didn't work out. It doesn't matter for what reasons.
What's important is that, even if we wanted to continue we would be way behind the technology and gameplay we want to archive with this project.

We always wanted to make a game, that can compete with modern triple A games in terms of the mulitplayer experience, both technicaly and gameplay-wise. Back when Nos was in it's prime, we could archive that, we've been ahead of most of the hobby teams out there, with an engine, that could do what only few full-price games could do at that time. (i.e. Realtime reflections, ingame-videoplayback etc). This is partially because of GF, who is an awesome programmer, partially because of our own expectations to what the game should be like and what the engine needs to handle. But mostly because of the expectations you guys had in us.

Anyway, nowadys a lot of mod teams who are working with modern engines (U3, CE2) can easily surpass us without any of the effort we, or more precisely GF, had to put into the Q2(!) engine.

Enough of the retrospective, all I wanna say is: Thanks, for all the dedication you put into this project. I say this to both, the team I had the chance to work with and the community, that was standing.. is still standing behind us.

I haven't working with too many mod teams, but this one was really the most committed team I've ever worked with. With a new project at hand, a better structured team and the same motivation I would be glad to work with this team again.. Especially if we have such a strong community in the back.

Thanks again..

-Insulaner
(+dru-) If the entire german language could be summed up into one small word, it'd be 'achtung!'
Insulaner
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:45 pm

yeah, what you guys managed to achieve with the engine certainly surprised me. it's a shame what's happened to this project as it looked like it was going to be a really fun game. thanks to all of the team members for the work they put into it even if it didn't come to fruitation in the end. if you guys ever get together again and start working on another project, don't be afraid to let us know. :wink:
Kilt Gaston

Postby Pardner on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Kilt Gaston wrote:if you guys ever get together again and start working on another project, don't be afraid to let us know. :wink:

Please, I still check the forums regularly! If you guys decide to get back together to work on anything, please let us know. Heck, would even be cool to see what you are working on individually.

This community was very close and I felt a little like an outside (still do) just because I joined late and the active community members were. So close. For that reason I decided to stick around. I have no plans of deleting my bookmark, or forgetting the NOS url anytime soon.
~Baal
Pardner

Postby Mort Rouge on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:15 pm

BaaL wrote:This community was very close and I felt a little like an outside (still do) just because I joined late and the active community members were. So close. For that reason I decided to stick around. I have no plans of deleting my bookmark, or forgetting the NOS url anytime soon.
~Baal

Neither do I. I would be thrilled if we could start a new project, maybe even include us "fans" in the team (nudge nudge :roll: ), using a newer engine, like U3 or Source, the classic. I'd hate it if we would los the good spirit we have together.
Mort Rouge

Postby Insulaner on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:18 am

If you have programmers at hand, a few sound guys and leveldesigners as well, then you probably could start a new project. Nos' team almost completely consisted of artists..

Oh yeah, animators are needed as well..
(+dru-) If the entire german language could be summed up into one small word, it'd be 'achtung!'
Insulaner
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby FraGGer on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:48 am

Yeah, but programmer's those are hard to come by..

I would re-join the project anyway, just for the sake of it.
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Roberticus on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:08 pm

PoPoX wrote:I don't see him very often, but I will try to catch him and ask what's his plans for NOS are.

I think it's the the very intense work he has now over 1 and a half year.

Maybe I can bring him back to the game. :?

Oh please do, or at least inform us about his plans for nos :)

Insulaner wrote:Thanks, for all the dedication you put into this project. I say this to both, the team I had the chance to work with and the community, that was standing.. is still standing behind us.

So that's a... good bye? :(

If there's a new project, count me in, I'd try to do something for it... atleast better than nothing :P
Roberticus

Postby FraGGer on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Or atleast tell him to reply to some of the emails or PM's some of us have send...
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Mort Rouge on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:39 am

Insulaner wrote:If you have programmers at hand, a few sound guys and leveldesigners as well, then you probably could start a new project. Nos' team almost completely consisted of artists..

Oh yeah, animators are needed as well..

Well, my uses would be in the sound area. Mostly music. But I mean, we're quite a bunch... Surely we all have at least one firend each who is capable of programming? If we'd wanted to, we COULD start a new project. And besides, even if we only have artists and such, if we make a good concept of a new game, there'll be people who might want to join us, capable of programming. We mustn't give up!
Mort Rouge

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat