The Open beta...

Come here to talk about Nosferatu and related stuff.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

The Open beta...

Postby .neo.styles on Tue May 02, 2006 3:43 pm

Should begin as soon as the weapon sin my sig are added. Just think of a crisp 20 dolar bil before saying "no" :wink: I can't freaking wait any longer!

Oh and, it should only be available to us becasue there's no point in sharing bandwidth with peopel who won't beven provide feedback (people outisde this community.)

ANyone else getting really, uhm, restless.

Hell, once I was saying to myself "I sure could go for some cornflakes" and I actually said "I sure could go for some Nosferatu" hahaha. :D

You guys have to release an update or I'l go insane!!!! :(
.neo.styles

Postby Witzzard on Tue May 02, 2006 4:27 pm

I'm against an open beta... Open betas are a bad thing to start with. So i would vote for a closed beta, where you only add people you think they've earned themselve a place.... Or so...
A german poem (part) by myself

Ich dacht’ ich war dir nah,
doch warst du niemals wirklich da.
Dacht ich hätte dich verstanden,
doch hat dieses Verstehen nie bestanden. [...]
Witzzard

Postby Roberticus on Tue May 02, 2006 5:46 pm

hey hey hey, ease up :)
I've been waiting long before I joined this forum...
Patience is virtue ;)

*Voting for closed beta*
Roberticus

Postby .neo.styles on Tue May 02, 2006 11:24 pm

Witzzard wrote:I'm against an open beta... Open betas are a bad thing to start with. So i would vote for a closed beta, where you only add people you think they've earned themselve a place.... Or so...

I'm sorry dude, but you have got to stop taking credit for others' ideas. I clearly stated above that the open beta should only be available to us because people outside this community wouldn't give feedback.
.neo.styles

Postby Witzzard on Wed May 03, 2006 5:39 am

Did i said that everyone in this community should get the chance to test the open beta you smart arse ?
I said they only should add people they think they earned themselve a place. And that's another thing as beeing a member of this forum...

So I'm surry dude but you've got to stop reading in my posts what you want to and start reading what i'm writing...

Witzzard

Postby .neo.styles on Wed May 03, 2006 3:15 pm

Did i said that everyone in this community should get the chance to test the open beta you smart arse ?
I said they only should add people they think they earned themselve a place. And that's another thing as beeing a member of this forum...

Well, I think we've all earned out placed on account of our enthusiasm. I think the team knows that each and every one of us would be sure to provide feedback.

Then again, if they are more selective in the choosing process, and thus only chose to make it available to those who've supplied adequate suggestions, that counts you out.
:twisted:

I say they should release ASAP, though this doesn't mean before they've added the guns in my sig. :)
.neo.styles

Postby Witzzard on Wed May 03, 2006 3:38 pm

i think a hand sorted tester team is better because, they can choose people of wich they think, they know wich gameplay is aimed. And wich might be good in finding balance and so on... So really don't think it comes down to the amount of suggestions...
But again, i'm not the mod team. So if they think a open beta would be better, or no beta, i'm fine with it.
I think i'm patient enough to wait 1-2 years for this game...

Witzzard

Postby .neo.styles on Wed May 03, 2006 3:49 pm

think a hand sorted tester team is better because, they can choose people of wich they think, they know wich gameplay is aimed

LOL, are you suggesting that they just pick numbers out of a hat?

And I think that the "gameplay is aimed" at all of us. We are all here so we are clearly interested.

So really don't think it comes down to the amount of suggestions...

The number of suggestions signifies your devotion. Someone who is wiling to put in effort to improve the game is a worthy beta tester.

If you give many suggestions (like me) it's a sign that you wil probably give lots after having played the beta version.

What do yousuggest their basis be for choosing? Make no mistake aobut it, being selective is very important. Qualifications are paramount because bandwidth is costly (in one form or another) and it only makes sense to distrbute it to those who can use it to benefit the game.

How many people do you think there are that are as patient as you here?

The good of the many outweighs the good of the few.

Alos, I don't think it'll take nearly that long. They've already got an engine to work with, they're neatrly done with the weapons, they've finished the interface, and al they have left is probably a bit of gameplay related code.
.neo.styles

Postby Roberticus on Wed May 03, 2006 4:41 pm

|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:
think a hand sorted tester team is better because, they can choose people of wich they think, they know wich gameplay is aimed

LOL, are you suggesting that they just pick numbers out of a hat?

And I think that the "gameplay is aimed" at all of us. We are all here so we are clearly interested.

Well, when reading the suggestions you have made, it seems you don't have the same picture of gameplay as the rest do.

Qualifications are paramount because bandwidth is costly (in one form or another) and it only makes sense to distrbute it to those who can use it to benefit the game.

How can someone's bandwidth improve the game? Sure I have 8mb connection, but what would that benefit the game?

How many people do you think there are that are as patient as you here?

Uhm, me? I've already waited 1½ years for this. I'll even wait 2 more years if I must. Patience is Virtue.
Roberticus

Postby Pardner on Wed May 03, 2006 5:36 pm

Witzzard wrote:i think a hand sorted tester team is better because, they can choose people of wich they think, they know wich gameplay is aimed. ...

i agree with Witzzard. if the devteam chooses testers that know what theyre talking about then the game will be released sooner. if there is an open beta, im going to want to just play it instead of looking for bugs, glitches, etc. not saying that i dont want to play it, just i would rather play it bug free.
Pardner

Postby Ghostface on Thu May 04, 2006 6:02 am

there will be a closed beta with handselected testers, otherwise the game will be full of people complaining about not having a grenade launcher ;)
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby FraGGer on Thu May 04, 2006 9:26 am

Lol Ghostface

Not to attack you fear but everywhere you post comes a discussion *-*
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby .neo.styles on Thu May 04, 2006 2:05 pm

Ghostface wrote:there will be a closed beta with handselected testers, otherwise the game will be full of people complaining about not having a grenade launcher ;)

I'm over that. :D

Just add some hand grenades, which would be even easier to evade, for the vampires, than a grenade launcher.

That notwithstanding, I'de think that I'de make a valuable addition to the beta-test team.
.neo.styles

Postby .neo.styles on Thu May 04, 2006 2:17 pm

Well, when reading the suggestions you have made, it seems you don't have the same picture of gameplay as the rest do.

That was one suggestion that was controversial(the grenade launcher! I doubt you actually read ehalf of my suggestions, preferring to believe that they were all similar.

Besides, thin of all te modern vampire movies you have seen. The hunters always took advanatage of every piece of weaponry available to them.

Now, notice that I never suggested a rocket launcher, an OICW, or a M1A1 Abrahams Tank. I know that this isn't battlefield.

Uhm, me? I've already waited 1½ years for this. I'll even wait 2 more years if I must. Patience is Virtue.

...and what exactly do you think they'll be doing in that time. Look at their page on Moddb. They're quite close to done.

The only thing thayt needs to be done AFAIK is add the weapons in my sig, polish up the gameplay and netcode, and some graphicval stuff.

Ghostface, is your labtop repaired yet.[/u]
.neo.styles

Postby Witzzard on Thu May 04, 2006 2:18 pm

FraGGer wrote:Lol Ghostface

Not to attack you fear but everywhere you post comes a discussion *-*

It's also partly my fault, sorry...

---

I'm happy to hear that you will have a closed beta. Just a lil' question it isn't running yet? *laughs* okay okay just a joke ;)

Thumbs up for this decision.

Witzzard

Next

Return to General Chat