QfusionFX or Qfusion r7?

Come here to talk about Nosferatu and related stuff.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

QfusionFX or Qfusion r7?

Postby Boss429 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:11 am

Hello, I was wondering if Noseferatu will be using the normal Qfusion r7 engine or Typhontaur's QfusionFX. (the difference is FX has alot more features but a huge FPS drop, at least it does on my machine)
And if your going with normal Qfusion, bump mapping can only be done on models and not the BSP right?

Edit: I almost forgot, I also remember reading somewhere that the models in Nosferatu that have no animations will be MD3 instead of SKM. Is there a benifit in this method? Is it easier on the engine?

Thanks
Boss429

Postby Ghostface on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:06 pm

Its based on vanilla Qfusion but just like QfusionFX did, we are incooperating lots of new features and rewritting alot of stuff.

Regarding md3 and skms. MD3s simply need less RAM and CPU power and are thus faster and more efficient for static objects.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Boss429 on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:56 am

Ghostface wrote:Its based on vanilla Qfusion but just like QfusionFX did, we are incooperating lots of new features and rewritting alot of stuff.

Regarding md3 and skms. MD3s simply need less RAM and CPU power and are thus faster and more efficient for static objects.

Sounds good, thanks for the info.
Boss429

Return to General Chat