Vampire Skills ?

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:56 pm

Another idea, how about disgusing as a npc ? So after a vampire bite/killed an NPC he get the possibilite to dress like the killed NPC. But when he uses his power/attacks he would immediately lost his disguise. I mean in most movies it looks as if no normal human could directly see who's a vampire ?
This could also be a low level Skill for the beginning of a round. So that the Player wich have choosen this would first start in his disguise and so he could surprise the hunters...

Actually I had the same idea 2 days ago, and its already on the list for implementation :)
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby ghost on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:32 pm

a power that protects you from the first shot? just and idea i came up with right now :/
ghost

Postby Witzzard on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:12 am

Hmmm just a damage reducing skill is lame ;) Think about two Hunters caught the vampire in between them in a hallway.... One of the Hunters now tries to shoot the Vampire... an 'pouf' the vampire turns at the first shoot into a gas form and the hunter behind him get hit ;)
Damn i forgot the part witz *imaging big 'Stephen-Spielberg-would-feeling-like-a-bad-regisseur-because-of-them'-graphic effects* part ;)

just 'fixed' *i hope so* a grammar fault...
Last edited by Witzzard on Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Witzzard

Postby ghost on Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:17 pm

Think about two Hunters caught the vampire in between them in a hallway.... One of the Hunters now tries to shoot the Vampire... an 'pouf' the vampire turns at the first shoot into a gas form and the hunter behind him get hit

I dident say "gas Form" i just mean reduce the dmg of first shot.
and if he survives you just have to use ur dodgeing skill, how hard can it be?
ghost

Postby Witzzard on Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:13 pm

Right you're talking about a bullet-proofed-vest type of game thingie...
No visiualization (or only small pretty normal stuff) and nothing special about it...
And so i wanted to add that it isn't a bad idea to have the chance to 'dodge' the first shoot, but that it would definately be cooler (read more vampire like) and interesting if you could turn into gas form for let's say 3 seconds or so so that the bullet just fly through you...

You've got to put a graphical aspect in the vampire skills. Player have to feel the creepy atmosphere (the pictures i saw until now got this creepy feeling), but then giving the vampires skills a player couldn't watch would be like playing this map with standard Quake3 Models (or UT or such a thing).
I hope i'm not saing much stupid stuff here, but that's my opinion and i hope that my opinion is somewhere near the opinion of the mod team *G*

You've got to scare the damn hell out of newbies with this things ;) (Who played Alien vs Predator and didn't get a creepy feeling the first time in multiplayer playing against a alien with a Space Marine? *G*)
A german poem (part) by myself

Ich dacht’ ich war dir nah,
doch warst du niemals wirklich da.
Dacht ich hätte dich verstanden,
doch hat dieses Verstehen nie bestanden. [...]
Witzzard

Postby ghost on Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:55 pm

Right you're talking about a bullet-proofed-vest type of game thingie...
No visiualization (or only small pretty normal stuff) and nothing special about it...
And so i wanted to add that it isn't a bad idea to have the chance to 'dodge' the first shoot, but that it would definately be cooler (read more vampire like) and interesting if you could turn into gas form for let's say 3 seconds or so so that the bullet just fly through you...

You've got to put a graphical aspect in the vampire skills. Player have to feel the creepy atmosphere (the pictures i saw until now got this creepy feeling), but then giving the vampires skills a player couldn't watch would be like playing this map with standard Quake3 Models (or UT or such a thing).
I hope i'm not saing much stupid stuff here, but that's my opinion and i hope that my opinion is somewhere near the opinion of the mod team *G*
i dont really think its so simple to just make the vamp "turn into gasform" and i dont think they have time to make :/ but if theres gonna be some updates maybe its possible :)
ghost

Postby AngelAlucard-X on Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:59 am

Angelus wrote:I dont think Ive ever seen/heard of a vampire turning into stone.... gargoyles yes... but not vampires

Obviously, you've never played a Castlevania game.

How about some forms of elemental magic. Like casting fire, ice, lightning, conjuring stone spikes form the grounds, or high velosity winds which can push people away.
AngelAlucard-X

Postby sushi on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:06 pm

maybe it has already been suggested

it would be nice if the hunters get hurt by vampire blood and maybe kind of "infected" by it so they have to watch out they are not walking through their undead bodies etc.
and when the vampire screams in front of the hunters, the hunters get scared so they are frozen or slowed down for a sec
you could call it "frozen blood"
sushi

Postby ghost on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:21 pm

i dont want it to be like an zombie game or something when u get biten u turn into a zombie or something thats just anoying it shouldent be so much small details on the game.
If u get infected u loose hp all the time and gets angry (really anoying)

make it like "VampireSlayer" :D
ghost

Re: Vampire Skills ?

Postby Vrolok on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:40 pm

I think it would be cool to add skill like this:
Then you fully drain blood from the slayer(or other people) it would stand up as ghoul (zombie).
Just like in Hellsing anime.
This ghouls are controlling by the AI, they are slow and not hard to kill, wandering around the rising position and hunting every human in their sight.
I think it's not very overpowered skill, cause this ghouls aren't fast, or clever, or strong, but they could help some vampires.
If you want you can add some disadvantages to this skill.
Vrolok

Postby TheFrog4u on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:47 pm

Vrolok wrote:I think it would be cool to add skill like this:
Then you fully drain blood from the slayer(or other people) it would stand up as ghoul (zombie).
Just like in Hellsing anime.
This ghouls are controlling by the AI, they are slow and not hard to kill, wandering around the rising position and hunting every human in their sight.
I think it's not very overpowered skill, cause this ghouls aren't fast, or clever, or strong, but they could help some vampires.
If you want you can add some disadvantages to this skill.

Something similar is already in: if you suck the slayers blood he dies and if you die sometime after you can respawn as the ghoul-slayer
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Vrolok on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Yes, but I mean not this. I mean the bot-zombies, that will get attention to them, than you are hiding,escaping, etc. And may be if there is much of them they could even kill some slayer.
Vrolok

Previous

Return to Suggestions and Comments