Vampire Skills ?

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Darkflame on Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:15 am

Ghostface wrote:I have to say, thats a freaking awesome idea

Right and then we can give the vamps tents, marshmellows, hiking boots and a fucking AWM :D
Darkflame

Postby Ghostface on Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:24 am

hehe don't worry the implementation of it will be clever so vamps won't camp all the time :P
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Draco on Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:33 am

one skill i would give you many hugs for is obfuscate, sorta like it is in VTM bloodlines. invisibily while you arent attacking, and the other benefits too, but some would make vamps over powered
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Draco

Postby Darkflame on Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:35 am

Ghostface wrote:hehe don't worry the implementation of it will be clever so vamps won't camp all the time :P

You caught my humor, you get an E-Cookie 8)
Darkflame

Postby Visual on Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:23 pm

Maybe something like have a seperate bar underneath the players health and evey kill they get the get health points for the bar underneith. Then when it hits like 50, one of the dead vampires can be " risen agian"!!!!!!! >< Ohh the skills, the skills!!!
Visual

Postby TheFrog4u on Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:01 pm

afaik you get one "extra-life" for each hunter you kill as vampire..
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby azelito on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:32 pm

No, you get one extra-life for every slayer you don't kill. If you bite a slayer, who is alive, and dont drain him completely, you will get an extra-spawn that round.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Witzzard on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:03 pm

Hmm about this teleportation thing, i think it would be cool when it only works about a few 'meters' ...
Imagine a Vampire standing in front of a slayer with his dark cape (yeah i know not every vampire have one ;) ) and then with a 'explosion' the cape drifts to earth as if the vampire never stood there and then sink more into the earth and a behind the Slayer the Vampire 'grows' out of the earth...

Hmm darkening a small area with shadow ?

Fake Shadows... If a Vampire waits around a corner and some light source is throwing his shadow on the wall. So a Hunter could see his shadow and would be warned ...
But if the Vampire could create a false shadow (invinsivle/unblocking/unmoving copy of his body throwing the shadow or such a thing, have no idea how to do that ;) ) on the wall the hunter maybe could think he would suprise the Vampire. But then he would be wrong and run into a trap...
Or simply the possibilitie to hide his shadow ?

Hmm ... I don't know, while reading you're ideas of giving the Vampire skills to better find the hunters it woudl be funny if electrical light-sources begin to turn on and off (within a few seconds periodically) when a vampire starts a certain skill. (Somewhat like in the Highlander movies but without thunder/lightnigs but onyl fluctuations in the energy-net).... The whole thing limited to a small area around the vampire...
Witzzard

Postby FraGGer on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:12 pm

you mister have alot of fantasy :)
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Witzzard on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:54 am

Thanks *G* While wisdom is limited... ya know ;)

While speaking about disctracting the hunters (i don't know how easy it's now to kill a hunter if he see you before you can hit), another 'funny' thing would be a extra skill to produce 'Vampire noises' in another place as the Vampire actually is...
E.g. the running sound or such thing ... The hunter would thing he's chasing the vampire around a corner while the vampire has hidden in a dark corner just to attack the hunter from behind...

Alternativ for the teleportation turning into a great amount of insects and then 'running' through the legs of the hunter and getting together again would surely also look good *G*

I don't know if you want to include lock-able doors and such things, but if you do so the typicall Telekinese opening/closing doors/Windows would be nice... Or at least would make a cool cineastic effect *G*
So certain areas in a level (houses) would have say 3 entraces, but 1 lockable. So this wouldn't be a 'major' skill but a skill you might want to use... so that not all vampires would posess all the same skills ?
Witzzard

Postby Witzzard on Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:46 am

Did you plan that vampires could choose if their footsteps male noises ?
I mean in a lot of movies it seems as if they didn't do if they want to...
Ok it goes in the same direction as the fake sounds but i think together this could be a useful thing...
Witzzard

Postby Ghostface on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:55 am

I really like that fake sound/noise skill. I am going to include that.

Keep up the good ideas :D
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Evil_cenoura on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:59 am

RAWRZ is a nice sound...
Evil_cenoura

Postby Witzzard on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:20 pm

While most of the games at the moment let the view of the player 'rotate' while something explodes next to them, maybe the vampire could have a skill wich would do the same.
Let it name "aura of death" or such a funny term. When used the Vampire would get 'ill' have to fight against puking or such ... (I just telling you this to give an idea why the world begins to rotate around the Hunter...).

About ure Illusion skill, have you thought about the posibiliite that a vampire could choose a victim per a list, so that he could affect every Hunter on the map ? So he don't have to see the victim.
Spawning a bot out of the view and let it running through the sight of the hunter ? I think this could freak hunter-players out so that they would get a bit nervous.
I mean 'terror' and distraction should be the weapon of a vampire...
Witzzard

Postby Witzzard on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:56 pm

Hmm ... as i mentionend in the news section (just to make sure it dosen't get lost) a wheather control power...

Starting a SnowStorm / Mass of Lightnings and other things that would weaken the sight of the hunters... ('Problem' the mappers would have to set properties of what the effect would consists)...

Hmm While you talked about mind controling did you thought about a vampire using this so a npc's wich saw him wouldn't point in the direction he run but in a direction the vampire wanted to ?

Another idea, how about disgusing as a npc ? So after a vampire bite/killed an NPC he get the possibilite to dress like the killed NPC. But when he uses his power/attacks he would immediately lost his disguise. I mean in most movies it looks as if no normal human could directly see who's a vampire ?
This could also be a low level Skill for the beginning of a round. So that the Player wich have choosen this would first start in his disguise and so he could surprise the hunters...

Hmm Spitting 'Poision' and when you hit a hunter in the face he would get blind for a small amount of time.... => Hunters would have to chase in groups. And the vampire could have the chance to get near enough at a hunter...
Also it would be cool if you plannend to make a cruzifix that a vampire get blinded a short period (only 1-2 seconds) when a hunter first unholster it... But only the first time he saws this on a hunter (Maybe different styles of holy symbols so that every hunter could blind a vampire but then the vampire isn't too much scared by this symbol - one symbol wouldn't have a good explanation i think)...
Witzzard

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions and Comments