Download

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Download

Postby Bandebt on Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:39 pm

How big will the download be you think? Say a ball park figure, if you can? If it is a huge download will you consider a good way to split the game up for download? This has been brought up a lot with other free games / modifications.
Bandebt

Postby azelito on Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:05 pm

At the current state I dont think this is measureable but Im sure we will try and get it as low as possible. Not over 150 MB I hope.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:03 pm

yeah we are going to keep the filesize as low as possible.

This means, no additional textures which arent used in actual maps.
Although there will be an SDK link so people who want todo new maps can download the 300 mb archive. Good maps which receive the status "official" will be autodownloaded (including the not previously used textures) by each player via the autoupdater.

We might also seperatly release a highdefinition version with additional bumpmaps, higher resolution textures etc.

It will all depend on the final size of the game
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby ArcticWolf on Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:55 pm

Just to be clear, the high definition pack will be released as a separate pack with the launch of the game, at the same time?
http://www.nmlnetwork.net

Seksier than a goat.
ArcticWolf

Postby azelito on Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:21 pm

Most likely not. At least not first beta.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby eatme on Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:23 pm

i dunno if this is asked before and i dont reallty mind but.... when do you think the first beta is out and how do i get in it :P
eatme

Postby azelito on Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:33 pm

Since first alpha is going out to the team this week (I hope I was allowed to say that) the first beta will most likely take another 2-3 months, at least. I hear from Ghost that the game is 70% done though but I dont trust that dude, Ive heard from reliable sources that he never wears anything but black and only leaves the house at nights. His corner teeth are pointy aswell.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:49 pm

lol az,

well it really depends on how quick everything goes on, there are quiet lots of factors like reallife which have an important impact on a possible release date. But we aim for a public release by the end of the first half of this year.

Although there is going to be a closed beta before the release (early board members (like you), are going to be prefered over other random guys signing up for the closed beta when its announced ;)

After all you have to remember that we are going to need some time to balance the weapon values out.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby broken on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:34 am

azelito wrote:At the current state I dont think this is measureable but Im sure we will try and get it as low as possible. Not over 150 MB I hope.

I would be pleasantly surprised if you guys managed to keep the download under 150 MB. Most good FPS MODS are considerable larger than that, let alone stand-alone games.
Better reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.
broken

Postby Fearless on Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:04 am

What is closed-beta?
Fearless

Postby Ghostface on Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:04 am

I would be pleasantly surprised if you guys managed to keep the download under 150 MB. Most good FPS MODS are considerable larger than that, let alone stand-alone games.

Yeah dont listen to azelito ;)
We are going to keep it as small as possible (as i said), but I wont give you any estimate now.

What is closed-beta?

When we think that we got a more or less completed beta done, we are going todo a closed beta test (you have to get invited to join) to check balancing issues and possible bugs etc.
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby eatme on Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:57 am

just take your time guys no need to rush any of this :wink:
eatme

Postby Ghostface on Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:01 pm

good things take some time I say
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby azelito on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:50 pm

broken wrote:
azelito wrote:At the current state I dont think this is measureable but Im sure we will try and get it as low as possible. Not over 150 MB I hope.

Yea, I dont know what I was thinking when I wrote that. Sadly, I cant blame drinking.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:59 pm

heh you dont drink ? didnt know that, btw. i got an idea regarding your signature, remind me when I am back at home (-> on irc)
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Next

Return to Suggestions and Comments