Possible Idea Faith/Piety levels

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Possible Idea Faith/Piety levels

Postby paddn ur stats on Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:03 am

Make it so each class of hunter has a Faith or Piety rating and as they get injured by a vampire it drops (cause in all the movies the vampires "play with the food" and gain strength doing so) and maybe make up a random table for a _special1 ability for vampires or vampire hunters that it could poll from when a person attempts to use the special ability (i.e. Johnny has low faith atm cause the vampire has wounded him to 35% of his health and it toying with him. In the process he has lost alot of faith and is in the corner trying to fend off the vampire with his cross. He drops his _special1 option out and makes the vampire leave the area temporarily, but unfortunately that action used up all his faith, and now the bloodsucker flanks him as he comes out of the corner into a 3 way intersection and Johnny becomes "dinner."
I also see that if the Slayers repel attacks of the vampires by using a little faith at a time maybe it could be on a timer and they would become more confident that a higher being is with them, thus allowing a regen of faith in certain situations as long as they dont burn it completely up.)

I just found this site today 1/25/5 so Im not sure how far along u are in development, but I thought Id throw my 2cents in for what its worth.

As for the Vampires, you could do the opposite, and have them feed off the fear they bring and gain special abilities like hide in shadows, transform into a bat and fly away, etc. If all this can be coded..
paddn ur stats

Postby Kilt Gaston on Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:38 am

sounds leet to me. :wink:
Kilt Gaston

Postby eatme on Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:13 pm

lol to tell you the truth i dont like it :)
eatme

Postby Shinigami121 on Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:19 am

Interesting to say the least. Like a sort of morale feature, right?
Shinigami121

Postby paddn ur stats on Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:51 am

Yea more or less. Except that would fall under Faith for the hunters and FEAR or whatever youd like to call it for the vamps.
paddn ur stats

Postby Ghostface on Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:41 am

its an interesting concept, and I have to think about it. It wont be used 1:1 but I might use some aspects.

Also the current system is more or less going to stay as is.

Vampires: Skills are going to be limited through the skilltimer which regenerates over time. Skills are either substracting skilltime over the time they are used or substracting the whole time for one skilluse (throwing for example can only be done once for each fully regenerated skilltimer.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby paddn ur stats on Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:32 am

So are you also thinking about having "classes" of vampires and Vamp hunters like a "TFC mod" or will it be 1 class vampire, and 1 vamp slayer each with all abilities ?

2) Are you going to have search & destroy maps ?
3) Capture the Blood doll maps? kinda like capture the flag
4) Or maybe an Attack and defend map ?
5) or maybe just an Objective/map ?

What about vampire thralls? or another 3rd option for a player to be, maybe a werewolf on some maps ?
paddn ur stats

Postby Ghostface on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:52 am

So are you also thinking about having "classes" of vampires and Vamp hunters like a "TFC mod" or will it be 1 class vampire, and 1 vamp slayer each with all abilities ?

2) Are you going to have search & destroy maps ?
3) Capture the Blood doll maps? kinda like capture the flag
4) Or maybe an Attack and defend map ?
5) or maybe just an Objective/map ?

What about vampire thralls? or another 3rd option for a player to be, maybe a werewolf on some maps ?

1)no classes, each player can choose his set of weapons/skills
2)yes
3)yes
4)yes
5)yes
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Thorbard on Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:34 pm

I think that customisation options are better than classes. It makes everyone that little bit different, and allows you to tailor it to your player style.
Thorbard

Postby Ghostface on Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:41 pm

Thorbard wrote:I think that customisation options are better than classes. It makes everyone that little bit different, and allows you to tailor it to your player style.

exactly what we think
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby paddn ur stats on Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:06 am

With the werewolf, would he have his own set of priorities, i.e. killn all the vampires or a specific named one ? Or maybe killn someone that only carries the "object" of his desire ?
Would the werewolf be a selfteam or spawned by something else?
A wight/zombie would fill in this place as well ...
paddn ur stats

Postby Shinigami121 on Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:50 am

paddn ur stats wrote:With the werewolf, would he have his own set of priorities, i.e. killn all the vampires or a specific named one ? Or maybe killn someone that only carries the "object" of his desire ?
Would the werewolf be a selfteam or spawned by something else?
A wight/zombie would fill in this place as well ...

Uh...What? I don't think Ghost said this would be in.
Shinigami121

Postby Ghostface on Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:17 am

no werewolves, zombies and witches
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby FraGGer on Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:10 pm

but bats how would u stop em from flying outta the world
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:28 pm

wind brushes, pushing the bats down if they go too high
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Next

Return to Suggestions and Comments