A couple ideas to bounce off ya Ghost N Crew

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

A couple ideas to bounce off ya Ghost N Crew

Postby paddn ur stats on Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:01 am

In the spirit of Vampires (and I dont know how much of a pain this would be to code- if you liked it) usually people once bitten became thralls, or died, or undead zombie types depending on the lore you pull it from. So I was thinking (content not codeing- might not be do able or u might not want too) What if when a vampire killed a hunter the game did a random check to decide if that player got to come back immediately as a vampire or thrall? With this idea in place, youd have a large # of hunters and a very vew vampires to start off. However once the "vampirism plague" started weeding down the hunters it could put a nice little twist into the game.
The reason I say make the death from a vampire random to being a vamp/zombie/or just dead is lets say 2 friends get stuck on opposite sides of a server, and they want to play together and thus "exploit" a give youd become a vampire after a drain death. So by making the server randomize the drain death on a player, this would keep the players "honest."
The zombie/wight minion could simply be fodder for the vampires but an extra minion to keep the game interesting.
How are you going to setup the rounds ? 1 death your screwed like CS, wait til everyone is done? Allow a 10s respawn? Or maybe have a "wave" respawn every so many minutes?
paddn ur stats

Postby azelito on Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:43 am

As it is now, when a vampire kills a slayer by biting him, the vampire gets an extra life for that round.
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:20 am

to be more exact, if a vampire leaves a certain amount of blood (25-50) in the victims body he will die and open a respawn slot for the vampire.

Usually the round system is Counterstrike like 1 life á round.
You can set the amount of respawns via an cvar although the standard setting will be 1 life á round
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby mikejkelley on Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:23 am

Actually, I really like paddn's idea here. I hope that we include it as maybe an alternate game mode...

Although I'm sure G's busy as it is...
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Thorbard on Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:32 pm

Perhaps something to save for the first update. Concentrate on getting the game out first.

I wanna play it!

Return to Suggestions and Comments