Vampiric predeator sences

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Yay or nay

yay
50%
Maybe
44%
Nay
6%

Total votes : 16

Vampiric predeator sences

Postby Bloodywolf on Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:19 pm

We all know that Vampires need blood. Even tough the feed of corpses and not living targets in this game (really a shame) i think Vampires should be able to somewhat sence the players.

But this comes with a disadvantage: The vampire moves slower and is less consetrated and take 5% more damage

Levels of sensing:

Fledgling: Newly created vampires can only find a human within 5 meters straight or if this human keeps withing a small area for too long the vampire can see its aura, even if its behind hum (Like campers :D )

Level 1: like lower level but within 15 in the direction your looking at.

Level 2: Like lower level but a small amout wider area of detection

Level 3 [Max]: the vampire can sence in 180° but need 3seconds before you can sence the aura, people who have been camping for more then 10 seconds are immediatly seen nd a lower skill cost when used.
Bloodywolf

Postby mikejkelley on Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:59 pm

Even tough the feed of corpses and not living targets in this game (really a shame) i think Vampires should be able to somewhat sence the players.

wut?
mikejkelley
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby azelito on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:14 pm

They feed of living targets. You can not feed of a dead human.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:23 pm

The feeding from corpses (Vampire Slayer style) has been abandoned and you now feed from NPC's or other players y biting them.
Also bloodsense like abilities are already partly in.

Bloodsight which acts like a Wallhack for the Vampire (you can see the blood of other players through walls)

Theres another skill planned which will be very similar to the way you suggested.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby r0berito on Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:18 pm

Just throwing in my 2 cents - You know thermal vision, like in Splinter Cell?

Would be cool to have a very similar one for vampires, with an animated blood texture instead of TV.
I'd imagine it can't be that hard either - animated textures can be used in HL1 :lol:

Or you could see just the blood, not the outlines of people etc., if that's what Ghostface meant.
"You people can find Pearl Harbour in the middle of the night, but you can't find a fucking gasleak?"

"I'm Chinese, cocksucker"
r0berito

vampire senses, ala duke nukem

Postby dsyoungblood on Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:19 am

In duke nukem when a player was injured they left bloody footprints, etc. Perhaps a vampire could see these type of marks more clearly, glowing, or particles eminating from them.

In duke it seems like a heavily wounded player would also have an audible hearbeat. Hearing hearbeats would also be an interesting ability for vampires have.
dsyoungblood

Postby Ghostface on Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:34 am

yep both termalvision style skills, and footprints are beeing considered
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby lillbrorsan on Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:20 am

It sounds cool but i would like to see it ingame first :)

http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My private website with online portfolio
lillbrorsan

Postby voodoochopstiks on Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:35 pm

I think you should be able to drink from corpses if they have not been lying for too long, like, a maximum of 5 seconds or something, which could logically be explained that the players heart continues to beat even though the brain has stopped working, or such. So that a quick kill and feed could be done.

Something very fun from vampire slayer was stumbling upon a 3 vampire feed circle, and sneaking up from behind with the stake and offing them before they noticed anything was wrong :D
voodoochopstiks

Postby MenZa on Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:10 pm

Wow........

The idea is orignal, yet creative. I really like it to be honest :D

I voted Yay ^^

The Question is just.. well, really.. How?

Maybe the screen will fade into a red-ish color when the vampire smells blod?

Just a suggestion - sorry if it was brought up earlier.. i didnt read the whole thread - just a few replies.
MenZa

Return to Suggestions and Comments