Pets?

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Pets?

Postby mikejkelley on Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:22 pm

This is something of a reprint from my .plan, basically I am inquiring as to the viability/demand for character pets (I was always a big fan of Samurai Showdown's character Galford!). How cool would it be for a slayer to have a dog tag along? Very cool, I think. It would have it's own bounding box and react to the environment independently of the player. I *think* I could do player and pet in under 3500 polys. Let me know if this interests anyone.
mikejkelley
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:46 pm

I already wanted to reply to you yesterday but my pc crashed after finishing my post and i was very busy so i didnt feel like writing everything again (at this day).

well anyway.

I was thinking about letting the vampires control animals (wolves etc.) . I may write some experimental pets/animal so we can test the in the beta tests. If they turn out to be fun we will include them.

Refering to the weapon holster. You might want to make it look like it is extending from the belt:

Maybe like this:

(i know the gif is crap)

or this

i know the gun and the style of the holster is kind of strange. its just the position i want you to show ;)

Btw. regular users cant post on the .plan board
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:51 pm

just checked the new boot, it looks pretty cool
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby mikejkelley on Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:54 pm

Off topic... re: holsters... Yeah, initially I was going for a more Han Solo type holster, but not sure that it works. So, should I keep it, if so should a gun be in there? Seems silly to have a holster w/ no gun, seems silly to have a gun if he would never draw it. Still, I like the look of the strap itself, what if they were just part of the outfit, like un-worn suspenders?...

On topic... I'll prolly go through doing rough meshes of wolves...
mikejkelley
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:53 pm

btw. you can do a bat mesh because the vampires are going to be able to transform into bats.

holster: we could make it so the secondary weapon is placed in the holster when not used (via tags).
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Bats?

Postby Parapraxis on Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:27 pm

The vampires are going to be able to turn into bats?.. wha?! i dont know if i like this idea.. little bats?.. or same model that grows some sweet wings with huge wingspan?.. and why would they need to turn into that.. when they can just be modeled like that in the first place.. no small bat vampires.. no no no.. ?
some bats that fly around the level just for looks would be nice though.. i dont know about vampires turning into bats.. i dont really like the sound of that.. i like bats.. considering i have a bat tattooo.. but i dont see the purpose..
Parapraxis
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:04 am

Yeah some bats for populating the map will be in as well.
Regarding the turning into a bat:

The idea is that a vampire can transform (for a specified amount of time) into a bat. In that stage he is small but very woundable (1 shot or so will kill em). The purpose would be to allow the vampires to spy after the slayers without beeing detected.
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

I didnt think of that

Postby Parapraxis on Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:20 pm

I didnt think of that.. that isnt a bad idea at all.. its actually a good one
Parapraxis
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Re: I didnt think of that

Postby Darkki on Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:18 pm

How about turning into mist? You could use it to disappear from the sight of the slayers. To even things out, you wouldn't be able to move while in mist form or attack and the mist would be somewhat visible, so slayers wouldn't have TOO much trouble concluding that the mist is actually a vampire. Maybe slayers could also be able to sprinkle holy water on the mist or something like that would either damage the vampire and/or force it to transform back to its original form.

This would, of course, be a high level vampire skill that would be obtained with a lot of exp. and so would be the holy water for slayers, so turning into mist would be a rather easy way for a powerful vampire to surprise weak slayers, while stronger slayers would basically be a pain in the butt.

And if you would add some smoke or mist around the maps, coming out of the pipes etc. It would add to the atmosphere, but also vampires could use this to their advantage and hide among the natural mist. Because if this, mist would actually be scary, not just some cool feature around the place. I'm not sure how to balance this, though. Maybe the slayers should just stay away from that kind of places :twisted:
Many fall, but one remains
Darkki

Postby Ghostface on Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:30 pm

yeah vampires turning into mist is going to be in :)
good idea about the "hideing in mist spots thingy", we will note that.
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby ArcticWolf on Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:56 pm

On the subject of pets, is it going to be a single wolf and multiple, weaker bats? Be kinda wicked to have 4 bats attack you, like flying Snark from HL.
http://www.nmlnetwork.net

Seksier than a goat.
ArcticWolf

Postby paddn ur stats on Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:44 am

What about the animal be strictly for evasive purposes for the vampire to "possess temporarily" and the hunters have 1 person that can "befriend" a wolf/dog whatever ? The rest of the NPC animals would be like an alarm clock "in game" when the vampire approached since they would sense the undead.

Have the bats at a high speed and a low evasion timer and an ariel POV camera angle The wolf slightly lower than the bat on speed and limited to movement but able to have a good jump, lil more of a timer than the bat. As for the mist, longest timer but may only be done are situations and halved movement. You have to figure for the longest timer there has to be a tradeoff.

The whole Fear/faith-Piety Idea I posted elsewhere would work real well with the special abilities.

As for one of the best vampire movies, Underworld. I was satisfied with it. Alot of the ammo they used in that movie could even the playing in favor of the Hunters.

If it helps, I have the Vampire:Masquerade RPG Books if u want to "heh Flesh out" any ideas they had, your more than welcome to <snicker> "bleed me dry" Oh im "killn" myself at 3:45 am...
paddn ur stats

Postby Ghostface on Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:12 am

yeah I got that book too (borrowed from a friend),

Anyway I am not sure about the wolf transformation, currently we got bats (flying around blabla, talked about it earlier) and rats (going through small holes in the wall, or quickly escaping dangerous areas etc.).

About the NPCs animals, they shouldnt be reacting to the vampires since vampires can kinda control animals. Although there are human NPCs who run around screaming should they see a vampire, thus indicating the slayers where the vampires are. This requires the vampires to use stealth and dark alleys for not alarming the npcs
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby TheFrog4u on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:17 pm

heard of the tourning into mist nothing until now and love it.. what about 3 steps of tranfsformun atempting to your skill? in a lower skill you can´t tranform of course, than rat, than +bat and last but not least +mist.. (the "+" means that this skill will be added, so in the highest level u r able to tranform in any of these 3 forms acording to whad u want atm)
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Doc Roe on Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:06 pm

i got an idea on the holsters, to save room on your belt for ammo and stuff i have to ideas for holsters,
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/usmc-collectors ... er%209.jpg
an M-7 holster for the .45 goes on the chest so you have more room for ammo and stuff on your belt and you could have it as a back up pistol, 2 on the belt one on the chest
http://www.oherron.com/catalog/images/l ... %20rig.jpg
or you could have a holster under your arms like so, (even has a glock in the pic :roll: ) also for the same reasons, not as stylish but i would just like to put my 2 cents in
Doc Roe

Next

Return to Suggestions and Comments