Anti-cheat?

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby broken on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:12 pm

I'm SO confused. Anywho, I'm sure it's not easy for you guys to explain. I'll just trust that you've done a good job and I don't need to worry about it. ;)
Better reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.
broken

Postby Ghostface on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:17 pm

dont worry I will just explain it again:

Normal Game:

Player A runs behind a wall.
Player A and Player B cant see each other because of the wall.
The game still sends the information about the position of Player A to Player B.

Now Player B uses a Wallhack to make the Walls transparent so he can see Player A.

Nosferatu:

Player A runs behind a wall.
Player A and Player B cant see each other because of the wall.
The game stops sending information about Player A to Player B and vice versa since they cant see each other.

Now Player B uses a Wallhack to make the Walls transparent so he can see Player A but fails cause the game doesnt have any information on whos behind that wall.

Understood it now ?
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby broken on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:43 pm

So... then wouldn't it have to process a bunch of information as soon as the player pops into view?
Better reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.
broken

Postby Ghostface on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:47 pm

as I said its compensating it and it gets disabled for highping players

you really dont notice it at all with an average ping
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby TheFrog4u on Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:24 am

but so its not possible to shoot through a wall, too -other wise we would make special walls (woo, doors, whatever) where you can shoot through -in this case the data has do be send to Player B, and a wallhack will work.. wondering if we have such walls.. ghost?
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:57 pm

hu ?

it doesnt have anything todo with shooting through walls.

its the server who checks if you hit a player, and the server got all the informations so no problem there.
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby TheFrog4u on Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:14 pm

ah.. ok
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby lillbrorsan on Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:26 pm

Cool system :D

http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My private website with online portfolio
lillbrorsan

Postby reaper on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:54 am

Ghostface wrote:A comfortable THIS GUY IS CHEATING function ingame will also make the discovering of cheaters easier.

This should be funny in the beta version of testing this function...
"gday ghostface, hows it going.. CHEATERRRRRRRRR THIS GUYS A CHEATERRRRRRRR!!!!"pops up on my screen... haha. damn that would be smooth

Continuing on: I think the whole: "your system will not register tha player until it comes into your veiw" thing will have great potential for lag and dont favour the idea.
Woiuld this mean, for example if you were to hear a vamp for behind a door(or something) and you shoot at the door with your (insert really fucking powerful gun here) it wont do crap all? (besides maybe make a funny spring going off sound).

tangled thoughts of leaving - if you like smoked cheese with glass, you'll hate us.
reaper

Postby Ghostface on Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:17 pm

well as I said its only basicly working like this.

First of all the server can disable it. Then its automaticly disabled for highping players so it doesnt cause any lag. Also its only not sending the data of the player if hes not moving. If he is moving the playermodel is set invisible if its behind a wall so if you make the wall transparent you still cant see the model. As I said, sounds are still being transfered and it doesnt change the way you can hit a player, since hitdetection is handled server side, and the server got all the information all the time.
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby reaper on Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:11 am

good work :P

tangled thoughts of leaving - if you like smoked cheese with glass, you'll hate us.
reaper

Postby dgmurdockiii on Sat May 12, 2007 9:29 am

good to now you got a system to stop the people who use hacks
dgmurdockiii

Postby Boss429 on Sun May 13, 2007 4:35 am

will you be able to have custom content (textures, models, cross hairs, ect.)? or will there be a sv_pure type thing?
Boss429

Postby Ghostface on Mon May 14, 2007 11:46 am

Boss429 wrote:will you be able to have custom content (textures, models, cross hairs, ect.)? or will there be a sv_pure type thing?

Both, theres a list of stuff that needs to be pure (on sv_pure 1 servers), everything else can be customized.
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Mon May 14, 2007 8:14 pm

woohoo!
Kilt Gaston

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions and Comments