Say hello to my little friend! (guns and gadgets topic)

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Dan on Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:57 pm

Ghostface wrote:Ok looks like there was some kind of confusion about the "grab whatever you can" statement.

This is not a gameplay element. Its not like you walk around ingame and search for weapons laying around. The statement is soley a lame theoretical reason to explain the arsenal of guns we choosed, it doesn't actually affect gameplay.

Ah. It makes a BIT more sense now.

But it's still really stupid :wink:

But if it doesn't affect gameplay I'm good with it. Statement retracted.
Dan

Postby Ghostface on Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:54 pm

How is it still stupid ? Its actually a good reason cause we can justify every weapon we want via this explanation. Also "grab what you can" shouldn't be taken too literally. We just didn't want to have a vampire slaying S.W.A.T. team. Have you seen the Dawn of the Dead Remake ? We are actually aiming for a similiar human situation. Different people come together to fight the undead.

There are policemen, civilians, armymen, weapon store owners, target-shooters etc. thus there are alot of different weapons to choose from :)
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Dan on Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:59 am

True, yes. But still, I still think that vampire slayers would be highly trained individuals and not just ordinary people. That's where the difference, and thus the problem, lies.

But hell, it's not like I'm making the damn game, so who the hell cares?
Dan

Postby azelito on Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:17 pm

Dan wrote:True, yes. But still, I still think that vampire slayers would be highly trained individuals and not just ordinary people.

The only problem with that would be that, for instance, Blade kills about 86394 vampires before getting harmed.

Uh yeah.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Dan on Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:30 pm

Blade is a godmoding hacker.
Dan

Postby Visual on Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:57 pm

Dan wrote:Blade is a godmoding hacker.

blade is my god. :|
Visual

Postby Zeruel on Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:11 pm

Blade is a bitch ass 14 year old who uses Haxx. Fuck him. Blade was one of the worse fucking Vampire movies ever. The first one was ok, but after that they just killed it.

Ok, I understand now what you mean about the gun grabbing thing.

But still, you say you'r going for guns that most people would own, or that you would find in every day life. This brings be back to waht I said about the MP5SD. The only SD I'v ever seen in use was in pics of SEAL operations. Rangers, Marines, Paratroopers, Delta force, and every other Black Ops stuff I'v ever seen have had pimped out MP-5s. Personaly, I think built in silencers are stupid. I also think having a normal MP-5 would go better with your up-grade system. I myself hate silencers, so I'm not going to use weapon with them. I like for everyone to know where I am, and that I'd be happy to kick their ass. About the only time I use that sneak around shit is if I'm a sniper. And even then, one I get into position, I take the leash off and let the .50 loose. I'm not some long range 'one-shot-one-kill' guy. I'm the AMR faggot who likes to leave his target a blood covered meaty pile on the ground.

Well, you said you wont have any sinper rilfes, and I'm cool with that, I like using SMGs and pistols more anyhow. Again, back to your wanting to use more everyday guns. Most people, target-shooters or not, if they own a gun, it is msot likely a shotgun or revolver. Fact is, both weapon are mean as hell is CQC, and are easy to use and maintain. Revolvers reamin better weapons overall to semi-auto pistols to this day. Sure you can hold more ammo in a Glock, but theat Glock will never match the power, versatility, accuracy, and overall durability of a revolver. If a gun can last over 130 years, still fire, and is still in production (the Colt Peacemaker) it better be one damn fine gun.

Also, I myself would scratch to FAMAS, and MAYBE the AK. Again, because unless you live in a third world country, or out in the middle of nowhere in hic country, you most likely wont find either of these.

Instead, go with hunting rifles or other targer rifles. .30-6 is a good round, and still not overpowered like .300 Magnum. Most .30-6 rifles are also semi-auto matic or bolt action, giving balanced fire rate, accuracy, and stopping power. This brings me to the M1 Garand. You seem to like your older weapons, and I think there are very few other WWII and post rifles that can match up the greatness of the M1. You can also buy one off Ebay, making it a more common collectors weapon.

Because you seem to want to shun away from trained and equiped miliraty hunters, I would say you need to look more into pistols and rifles, and shotguns, as I think thats what you would want when hunting a vampire.

About the vampires, you say you dont want the hunters to be over powered. Well it seems to be its not your hunters you need to worry about, its your horribly underpowered vamps. I mean, WTF! The vamps only weapons are point-black-in-your-face weapons. Personaly, I would rather a shotgun over claws. As vampires are so old and fancy like, how about a sword? Or some old arcane medivel weapon of sorts. Also, youc an make them muc faster, and on the point of wall jumping, am I going to be able to EASILY run down an ally, getting shot at and sudenly jump from wall to wall, them up high in the air and them plummet down and strike? Try making it easy to control vamps, that way its easier to move around and stuff.

I'm not trying to make your game into a superrealistic FPS, hell I;'d dont even like CS that much (I thing AA is one of the best FPSs out there). But you know what. This ain't my game, and if you want to ignor me, go right ahead. I'm just trying to show waht I think would amake the game much better to me.
"You can't uninstall evil"-Gabe
Zeruel

Postby azelito on Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:34 pm

More revolvers can be considered.

Zeruel wrote:and on the point of wall jumping, am I going to be able to EASILY run down an ally, getting shot at and sudenly jump from wall to wall, them up high in the air and them plummet down and strike?

Youre going to be able to run down an alley like a fucking cat, dodging bullets like a squirrel, suddenly jump from wall to wall and transform into a bat in mid-air.
You wont guess the action until you try it out.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Zeruel on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:23 pm

At some point in time, there was a man. And do you know what this man said. I'll tell you what he said. He said, "You know what. I want to set that guy over there on fire, but I'm too far away to do it." It was then, that the flamethrower was born.

Yea, so I just saw you put cocktails in the game, then it hit me: FLAMETHROWER!!!oneone1eleven!!11siftone.

Yea, I know it might be a little advanced graphics wise, but I need to ask, will you ahve a flame thrower? I could link you to this thing where a guy explains step-by-step how be build a real working flamethrower out of PVC pipe and other simple things he picked up at Home Depot. It hada range of like 30 feet. It was like, uber cool. Then theres the old 'Nam ones.

Well, while we are dweling on the all mighty flamethrower, I would just like to tell youa ll about an idea a friend of mine had. Granted, it would have no place in your game, and is advanced a hell.

You start off, with a good 'ol 40mm grenade. Only, instead of a FRAG head on it, its like a napalm head of soem sort. You fire it out of an 40mm launcher. Once fired, a timed fuse is activated. Then, like a meter or two after leaving the barrel, the round explodes in a shower a burning fuel, dousing anything like 5 meters or so infront of it with thick, sticky, flaming goo. Nasty or what?
Zeruel

Postby Mort Rouge on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:36 pm

Zeruel wrote:At some point in time, there was a man. And do you know what this man said. I'll tell you what he said. He said, "You know what. I want to set that guy over there on fire, but I'm too far away to do it." It was then, that the flamethrower was born.

Yea, so I just saw you put cocktails in the game, then it hit me: FLAMETHROWER!!!oneone1eleven!!11siftone.

Yea, I know it might be a little advanced graphics wise, but I need to ask, will you ahve a flame thrower? I could link you to this thing where a guy explains step-by-step how be build a real working flamethrower out of PVC pipe and other simple things he picked up at Home Depot. It hada range of like 30 feet. It was like, uber cool. Then theres the old 'Nam ones.

Well, while we are dweling on the all mighty flamethrower, I would just like to tell youa ll about an idea a friend of mine had. Granted, it would have no place in your game, and is advanced a hell.

You start off, with a good 'ol 40mm grenade. Only, instead of a FRAG head on it, its like a napalm head of soem sort. You fire it out of an 40mm launcher. Once fired, a timed fuse is activated. Then, like a meter or two after leaving the barrel, the round explodes in a shower a burning fuel, dousing anything like 5 meters or so infront of it with thick, sticky, flaming goo. Nasty or what?

Flamethrower... A vampire is basicly a dead corpse that walks and sucks blood, how easy do you think you can set one on fire? Totally unbalanced... But I guess like in a mode where everyone is vamps except one hunter with a flamethrower it would do...
Mort Rouge

Postby Zeruel on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:11 am

Oi, not with a liquid based weapon. I would say, if you hit 'em with enough of it, it sets them on fire, which they either need to wait a while for it to go out or jump in some water. But if they are set on fire, it deals damage over time. The more you hit them with, the longer they stay on fire. Though I guess this would be overpowered. Just hit the vamp, then wait for them to burn, then hunt them down and stake 'em.

But still, not enough games have flamethrowers. Which is why Turok will forever be one of my favorits.
Zeruel

Postby azelito on Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:12 pm

Might be discussed.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Insulaner on Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:49 pm

The flamethrower sucked in almost every game I ever played.
(+dru-) If the entire german language could be summed up into one small word, it'd be 'achtung!'
Insulaner
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Zeruel on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:21 pm

I know, the only good flamethrowers I'v ever seen in a game were in Torok. The Wolfistine one was ok, but it was still lacking. But then there was the Melta gun from Fire Warrior, and while still not really a flamethrower, it was freaking awsome.
Zeruel

Postby Pete on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:33 pm

There was one in Call of Duty: United Offensive, and it worked pretty well.
Pete
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions and Comments