Melee weapons for slayers?

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Melee weapons for slayers?

Postby Branch on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:22 am

Hello, I just saw the site and was interested in the game. I do think what you have going so far is quite good, but there is one thing that bothers me. Slayers have no melee weapons?

I personally think it would make melee encounters more interesting if slayers had melee weapons to atleast fend off vampires at close range. These weapons could be a variety of types of swords, chainsaws, bats, ect. Everyone needs some backup when you hear the last bullet ring out of the chamber, dont they? :wink:
Branch

Postby Zeruel on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:18 am

Take a look in my topic.

As for hunters getting words and stuff, it would be pointless and stupid. It would also just be gay.

I'm sorry, but if you were on one side of a room, armed with only your sword, and I was on the other side holding, nay, covered in my guns, who do you think is going to win if we each suddenly decided to kill each other.

Vamps only have melee attacks to begine with anyway. Giving the hunters a sword would just make them completely overpowered.

Granted, I would like the idea of getting a large pointed object to wave around, I still think its a bad idea for this game. Also, FP sword fighting is choppy at best. Morrowing was a freaking awsom game, but the battleing was just lame. There is no way a human could beat a vamp in hand-to-hand combat unless he had some sort of arcane Holy weapon of ub0r d00m.

Anyhow, the Hunters still get the good 'ol stake and mallet to finish the vamps off. And as I understand, the Steakjacker, which is really just a big huge phunmatic stake. I mean, I think it would be freaking awsome, to go running down an ally carrying this monstrosity of a weapon screaming and waving it around like a mad-man.
"You can't uninstall evil"-Gabe
Zeruel

Postby TheFrog4u on Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:10 pm

Zeruel wrote:I'm sorry, but if you were on one side of a room, armed with only your sword, and I was on the other side holding, nay, covered in my guns, who do you think is going to win if we each suddenly decided to kill each other.

1. he is speaking of hunters.. vamps don´t have weapons -so no sword vs gun
2. Hammer and Stake can also used as a melee weapon ("knife replacement")
3. Stakejaker is some kind of melee-weapon, too ("sword replacement")
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Zeruel on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:23 pm

I was simply pointing out, that if you were in a fight, would you rather have a sword or a gun? I wasn't really talking about vamps and hunters.
Zeruel

Postby Branch on Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:47 pm

A gun is no good if the clip is empty. :wink:
Branch

Postby Dan on Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:35 am

Reload. :)
Dan

Postby Zeruel on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:18 am

Well a human with a sword is just about as useless against a vampire.
Zeruel

Postby Branch on Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:37 pm

Some movies humans use swords to fight off vampires, so if this mod is based on movies, like the devs say it is, than it would be possible to use a sword. Movies include Blade and Vampires: Los Muertos. Bon Jovi wasnt a half vampire either, and he seemed to do just fine. I think that vampires in this mod are a bit too fast, and are too overpowered yet easy to kill, as all the vampires controlled by players cant be a vampire lord or whatever you wish to call it. :wink:
Branch

Postby Ghostface on Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:12 pm

As for Blade hes a (half)vampire fighting a vampire with a sword (no human sword fighting there).

And regarding Bon Jovis Vampires: Los Muertos... lets just deny the existance of this movie...
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Pete on Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:03 pm

Bon Jovi you say?

Haha. Anyway. Personally, I don't like the idea of slayers having melee weapons. It makes them even with the vampires at close range, which upsets the balancing of the teams slightly.
Pete
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Postby Strix on Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:22 pm

well isn't it a given that if a hunter has to hand to hand a vampire they're going to lose?

if hunters get swords, axes, and tire irons then should vampires get a boost in the powers department? don't vampires get some kind of soak from most damage inflicted anyway? it might not be as unbalanced after all depending on how powerful a vampire is. if one vampire and one hunter is an even fight we'd imagine that includes everything a hunter can throw at a vampire, so it might not be entirely unbalanced to grant hunters the extras if the vampires are tougher anyway.
Strix

Postby IKON323 on Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:47 pm

i agree with Strix good idea :wink:
IKON323

Postby Pete on Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:50 pm

Don't bump old topics please.
Pete
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Return to Suggestions and Comments