Vampire Metamorphose

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Vampire Metamorphose

Postby loggerer on Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm

It would be cool if the vampires could transform.
e.g.

They see an animal. (Bear, wolf, otter)
Then you click the animal and a bar comes up, once it is full you transform into the animal, or a hybrid between the animal and vampire... I think it'd be pretty good, what do you guys think?
loggerer
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Now that my internet connection pooped itself back on

Postby Parapraxis on Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:35 am

umm.. I think as far as upgrading your vampire character.. something like this could be good.. but maybe not so much animal like..
i was thinking maybe with more exp points you could get some nasty looking wings added onto your player model.. or / and maybe bigger nastier teeth and perhaps other sorts of mutations of vampire sorts.. as you get better and better.. bigger claws ... higher jumping.. longer ceiling hanging / wall climbing .. different legs that arent human like but more beastly.. so faster running.. .. maybe run on all 4's... at some point.. ..? ghostface?.. what do you think.. too much work? 8O :lol: :idea:
Parapraxis
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:51 am

well currently we have a vampire skill which lets the vampire transform into a rat. The bat transformation is possible, but a little tricky to solve due to map limitations (we have to prevent the vampire from getting to places which he shouldnt be able to reach), but i think we will get it sorted out.

The mutations thing is currently something which wont be made due to the fact that it would require lots of different models or a realtime model deforming system. And both would enlarge the development time by a lot. So we will stick with simple animal transformations.

The faster running longer hanging stuff etc. will be implemented into the hardcore mode (more infos about this one soon ;)
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Dark Paladin on Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:02 am

when the bat gets too high there could be a message or a sound like this: "the wind is too strong I can't get higher, argh" it could be so or in that way
maybe we could make wind at all so that it is quite hard to fly
And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Dark Paladin
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

I like the wind idea

Postby Parapraxis on Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:00 am

WIND yes.. sounds good.. or make your little batty wings slow down because you are tired.. =).. as you get higher slower wings go.. until you are forced to swoop down slowly.. think tails in sonic the hedgehog hehe.. OLD SKOOL style..

DARK PALADIN! you are currently inactive on the project why?! if ghostface hasnt talked to you.. or you to him.. or whatever.. you should drop him a line.. explaining why you dropped off the face of the earth.. ..

I thought i would add this..
I HATE WINDOWS UPDATES
Parapraxis
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:41 am

nah he is inactive cause i am a lazy bastard, not providing him with the necessary maping tools, ill give it to pretty soon though :)

Btw. the wind idea is actually not too bad, i might give it a try.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Dark Paladin on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:08 am

it would be quite nice if i would get new mapping tools. but we're not in a hurry. I'm waiting for so long time for the new tools, so it won't be a problem to wait some months more.

Dark
And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Dark Paladin
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby mikejkelley on Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:59 am

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of wind as well. I think it would be more effective than slowly getting tired because it could be something that is initiated the moment the player goes out of bounds. It would also open up the possibility of using wind Sfx to let you know when you were getting close to going out of bounds. Wind noises pick up, become a howl, then controls become unresponsive and you are quickly whisked away to an area well within bounds.

Plus, I imagine there would be a time limit for the transformation, yes? Not wanting to turn into a brick in mid-flight would prolly be added incentive. :)

Speaking on behalf of the moddelers/animators, if I may, thnx for the no animal mutations ruling Ghostface (although I still think that the slayers should get pets ;) )!

BTW - Logger, I hope you don't feel as if we're shooting you down. We appreciate any and all comments/suggestions from the community. Unfort, there are some limitations!
Last edited by mikejkelley on Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikejkelley
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby loggerer on Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:07 pm

Nah, it's alright.
Your ideas are betterer anyway. ;)
I think maybe, have limited flying for the bat, so theres say a bar, and when its empty you have to glide and let it refill?
I dunno...!
loggerer
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Postby Ghostface on Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:27 pm

mikejkelley wrote:Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of wind as well. I think it would be more effective than slowly getting tired because it could be something that is initiated the moment the player goes out of bounds. It would also open up the possibility of using wind Sfx to let you know when you were getting close to going out of bounds. Wind noises pick up, become a howl, then controls become unresponsive and you are quickly whisked away to an area well within bounds.

Plus, I imagine there would be a time limit for the transformation, yes? Not wanting to turn into a brick in mid-flight would prolly be added incentive. :)

Speaking on behalf of the moddelers/animators, if I may, thnx for the no animal mutations ruling Ghostface (although I still think that the slayers should get pets ;) )!

BTW - Logger, I hope you don't feel as if we're shooting you down. We appreciate any and all comments/suggestions from the community. Unfort, there are some limitations!

yeah i will implement that wind thingy, and yes there is a time limit for the transformation, as for almost all the skills.

Btw. i never said that there will be no pets ;)
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby sonyfreak on Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:06 pm

Maybe the bats could lose life by time. This would also prevent too long flights with the bats.

mfg.

sonyfreak
Everquest 2 or World of Warcraft - That`s the question!
sonyfreak

Postby azelito on Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:14 pm

Hmm, Im not sure I like the idea with the wind. Seems a bit silly. Instead, the bat could take one flap with its wings for every mouse-click you do and the stamina bar decreases for every flap. That way, you wouldnt get very high. I also think that the bat could lose a bit of life over time, 3 HP/sec or something, but not because it would stop him from going high but rather would stop him from hiding as a bat for ages. On a side note, I like bread.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:18 pm

well the bat transformation is bound to the vampire skill timer.

Means, you are only a bat until the skill timer goes down to 0.

The Stamina idea isnt bad though, gota think about it.
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby mikejkelley on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:43 pm

Plus, anything that doesn't immediately enforce hardcoded boundries (like wind) is still prone to exploit. We'd have to extensively test how far we could "pump and glide" on each and every map and if we found we could get out of bounds... we'd have to re-do the map. I think in this instance we should favor pragmatism over over-idealism.

Also, azelito, what happened to "food sux"? Now all of a sudden you like bread? Which is it? Jumping on the food bandwagon, eh? Found you couldn't live without it? :wink:
mikejkelley
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:00 pm

heh, well yeah, after thinking more about it, going for wind is the best method, to efficiently prevent that bats go to certain areas.

Btw. they cant go out of bounds anyway since they have to hit the skybox at some point ;) (and the skybox is solid)
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Next

Return to Suggestions and Comments