My Ideas for nosferatu

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

My Ideas for nosferatu

Postby .neo.styles on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:55 pm

Hello, I'm new here. :) This game got my attention becasue it's got something that most games don't : a good, large arsenal. :) So, kudos to the team for their good work on the guns. :)

Okay, here are my ideas :
  • I saw that dual wielding is being considered and IMO you should be able to dual wield SMGs aswell. It would be really neat if oyu could also create your own combos of SMGs and pistols(as well as being able to hold two SMGs and pistols, each of a differnt kind), being able to fire each independently. Words don't exist to describe how awesome dual wielding is. :)
  • Some sort of weapon customiztion system. Perhaps.. weapon attachements?
  • Melee attack for the weapons.
  • Alt fire.
  • Ability to change firing rate for SMGS and assault rifles.
  • Scopes.
  • Bullet penetration system. Basically if you have a pweerful enough gun, you can shoot though some surfaces, but the damage would be reduced. This would take care of campers. This would probably only apply to wood surfaces, as concrete and mnetal would be too tough. ;)
  • If a player is shot next to a wall, the blood splater wil run down the wall. :twisted:
  • An M4A1 and a G36. A Mac 10, Uzi, and steyer TMP, wouldn't hurt either. An aug would be nice too. :) The guns are really sweet so far. Maybe something a bit more modern, like an FN 2000 : http://www.ziip.co.uk/bf2sf/bf2sf_fn2000.jpg
  • I noticed that there's a crossbow gn. Hehe, neat. :) It would be neat if it could nail peopel to walls, just like in FEAR.
    :twisted:
  • Here's an idea for MP. When player a kills player b, the notification should be like :
    Player a (weapon symbol) player b. Sorry if it's just me, but I find that system to be a lot better than having a sentence..
  • How aobut the vampires. Can they do arobatics, like flips and somersaults? If so, this should probably be in 3rd person view.
  • The ability to lean around corners and to sprint for a certain peroid of time.

That's all for now. All I can say is that this is my omost highly anticipated game at the moment. :)
.neo.styles

Re: My Ideas for nosferatu

Postby Pete on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:33 pm

Hi, welcome.

|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:I saw that dual wielding is being considered and IMO you should be able to dual wield SMGs aswell. It would be really neat if oyu could also create your own combos of SMGs and pistols(as well as being able to hold two SMGs and pistols, each of a differnt kind), being able to fire each independently. Words don't exist to describe how awesome dual wielding is. :)

I'm quite sure dual-wielding's going to pistols only, with SMGs it'd be a bit overpowered.
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Some sort of weapon customiztion system. Perhaps.. weapon attachements?

Already in, just there's no models for the attachments themselves yet.
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Melee attack for the weapons.

Maybe not, melee is the vampire thing. Vampires are meant to have the advantage when they're right in your face and you're empty.
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Alt fire.
Care to go into a little more depth with that?
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Ability to change firing rate for SMGS and assault rifles.

Fairly good idea, though choosing firemodes in this game would be kind of useless.
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Scopes.

They're not in as to prevent slayers camping and constantly sniping (which would get really irritating for the vampires after a while... you wouldn't be able to get close).
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Bullet penetration system. Basically if you have a pweerful enough gun, you can shoot though some surfaces, but the damage would be reduced. This would take care of campers. This would probably only apply to wood surfaces, as concrete and mnetal would be too tough. ;)

Probably.
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:An M4A1 and a G36. A Mac 10, Uzi, and steyer TMP, wouldn't hurt either. An aug would be nice too. :) The guns are really sweet so far. Maybe something a bit more modern, like an FN 2000 : http://www.ziip.co.uk/bf2sf/bf2sf_fn2000.jpg

M4s, G36s, Uzis and TMPs are too common. The FN2000 just wouldn't fit at all.
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:[*]Here's an idea for MP. When player a kills player b, the notification should be like :
Player a (weapon symbol) player b. Sorry if it's just me, but I find that system to be a lot better than having a sentence..

I think that's how it's going to be.
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:How aobut the vampires. Can they do arobatics, like flips and somersaults? If so, this should probably be in 3rd person view.
The ability to lean around corners and to sprint for a certain peroid of time.
Sprinting's in, the others are being considered.
Last edited by Pete on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pete
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Postby FraGGer on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:37 pm

G36 isnt that common ;)
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby .neo.styles on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:46 pm

I'm quite sure dual-wielding's going to pistols only, with SMGs it'd be a bit overpowered.

Good point, but SMGs are considerably more inaccurate than pistols..

In any case, can we use combos of different pistols?

Can we fire the weapons independently?

That's great news! :D

Maybe not, melee is the vampire thing. Vampires are meant to have the advantage when they're right in your face and you're empty.

Okay, seems fair. :)

Will we have a knife or something? 8)

Yeah, sure... I guess this is kind of tied in with my fire rate comment, because, it would, depending on the weapon be one of these :
-Fire grenade launcher
-Change firing rate
-Fire both barrles (for shotguns)

Fairly good idea, though choosing fire modes in this game would be kind of useless.

Heh, there are many situations in which it would be good. If you noticed a bunch of guys at long range, and wanted to take em' out, just switch to semi auto or 3 round burst. ;)

They're not in as to prevent slayers camping and constantly sniping (which would get really irritating for the vampires after a while... you wouldn't be able to get close).

Good point.

M4s, G36s, Uzis and TMPs are too common. The FN2000 just wouldn't fit at all.

Okay, I agree, the M4, Uzi and TMP are common, but the G36? Don't see that one much...

Okay, my point with the above suggestion was to diversify the arsenal. I mean, the majority of them are pistols and that's good because they are very typical of horror movies, so it'll fit well, but the arsenal just needs a bit of rounding out. 3 more SMGs and 3 more assault rifles would make it perfect. :)

PS, can we use 'nades? ;) Bouncing those is awesome!
.neo.styles

Postby FraGGer on Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:42 am

i think no nades except for the molotov could be mistaking tho
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:00 am

-Switchable firemodes are in (full, burst, single, mostly).
-Combining different Pistols in terms of dual wielding is something I would like to add, but right now I am thinking about the best way on how to do it.
-No knives or melee weapon attacks due to the reasons stated above
-And visible attachments are already implemented Pete check the p22 which lets you add the extension and the silencer.
-Bullet penetration is considered and fairly easy to add
-No pinning of vampires to walls atm tho, it looks fairly bad if you don't have ragdolls in
-No leaning
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Pete on Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:05 am

That's great news! :D

Actually there is a few done already, if you check the weapons page again you'll see the P22 has a compensator and/or a silencer, the Glock has a LAM and a silencer, USP has a compensator.. just a few off the top of my head.
What I meant at first is that we don't have a generic lasersight or flashlight, that could be applied to all weapons. Working on it though.
Will we have a knife or something? 8)

You can use the Stake as one I believe.

Yeah, sure... I guess this is kind of tied in with my fire rate comment, because, it would, depending on the weapon be one of these :
-Fire grenade launcher
-Change firing rate
-Fire both barrles (for shotguns)

We're kind of doing that. A double-barrel shotgun is planned that has 'fire both barrels' as alternate fire. The LeMat revolver's alt fire is to fire the shotgun barrel. Apart from that, there's not really any alternate fire for any of the other weapons as they're autos and don't have anything that special about them.
Fairly good idea, though choosing fire modes in this game would be kind of useless.

Heh, there are many situations in which it would be good. If you noticed a bunch of guys at long range, and wanted to take em' out, just switch to semi auto or 3 round burst. ;)

Maybe, but IMO there's nothing wrong with just clicking for each shot you need. Then again, I think Ghostface is planning those.
Okay, my point with the above suggestion was to diversify the arsenal. I mean, the majority of them are pistols and that's good because they are very typical of horror movies, so it'll fit well, but the arsenal just needs a bit of rounding out. 3 more SMGs and 3 more assault rifles would make it perfect. :)

Dunno about that, I think we've got enough as it is, but if it turns out we might need a bigger arsenal, we'll make it bigger.
PS, can we use 'nades? ;) Bouncing those is awesome!

There's a Molotov Cocktail (aka petrol bomb). I don't think they'd be bounceable though unless you threw them at a small angle. Glass tends to... break. D:

e: damn you ghost, got there before me.
Pete
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Postby CriX on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:02 am

make bullets ricochet off metal parts and so...
CriX
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Roberticus on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:09 am

Please, do not turn this into Hostile Intent or CS...

I repeat, do not mess fast gameplay with detailed realism...
Roberticus

Postby TheFrog4u on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:00 pm

nono, don´t fear.. fun will always be more important than "realism".. btw: we´r making an vampire game! -realism? :P
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby don on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:12 pm

What I like the most is, that you seem to add nature and character to this project. There are a lot of tactical shooters out there, that have a large arsenal of typical first person shooter type of weapons. What I do love about this project, is the variety of different firearms (also century overlapping). Nosferatu, as you can read from the design document, is having a wide paper width adjustment and classics. Players are no soldiers or the like. Pistols are powerful, so that you can knock your enemies down to ram a stake into their hearts. You need no akimbo 50BMG rifles to do so :lol: :oops:

Leaving knifes and sniper rifles out was a good idea, game design wise, I would say!
Kick the bucket, Bloodsuckers.
don

Postby Ghostface on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:17 pm

In terms of firemodes:

On pistols you need to click for every shot.
On automatic weapons there's fullauto, single and 3 round burst to choose from for most weapons.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby .neo.styles on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the responses!

:D

But, yeah, I agree, we defenitely shouldn't turn this into CS. CS is great fun (atleast source is), but it totally lacked an atmosphere.

I have another question. Can we fire the pistols independently?

As for the combos, you could just do this the first pistol that you pick up goes in your left (or right) hand and the when you walk up to another pistol, you just press another key to create the dual wield combo. This is that way Halo 2 implemented it. IMO it was great. ;)
.neo.styles

Postby TheFrog4u on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:53 pm

|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:I have another question. Can we fire the pistols independently?

http://board.nosferatuthegame.com/viewt ... sc&start=0
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby .neo.styles on Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:52 pm

Okay, which is basically saying "yeah, we can fire them independently", right? ;)

Anyhow, i've been watchig bald and alot of other horror movies, so i thought of a couple ideas for the vampires :
  • Can run very fast.
  • Can climb off walls.
  • The ability to pounce. This would add a lot to the game. It would make it very cinematic, bcasue many horror movies involve monsters pouncing from unseen places.
  • Superior night vision.

In genral, I think a good way of knowing if the vampires are done right is if one pops out from a corner and you jerk back in your chair out of pure shock and horror. :)

In other words, I want there to be a focus on actually scaring the player. ;) The atomosphere should be one of dread and apprehension, sort of like Doom. 8)
.neo.styles

Next

Return to Suggestions and Comments