My Ideas for nosferatu

Constructive criticism and comments, please.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:03 am

|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Hahahah, so you're saying that after we shot those fuckers in Iraq, they got back up and a short firefight ensued?

as long as they aren't hit in the spine, the brain, or the groin, then that is a possibility. the book Black Hawk Down (the same one that inspired the movie, don't remember the author's name) mentioned that the Delta Force men using the M14's prefered them because the 7.62x51 round not only killed quickly, but also tended to knock the enemy down, leaving them vulnerable to a fatal follow-up shot (if it was required), whereas they felt that 5.56 wouldn't do the job because it just breaks up inside the body, and therefor doesn't transfer the force of the hit to the enemy. (and, as I mentioned earlier, your body produces a lot of adrenaline during a battle which will numb out the pain of such a hit for a while)

oh, and I hardly find one horror movie every 2-3 years to be too many.
Kilt Gaston

Postby loggerer on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:23 am

Kilt knows his shit!
loggerer
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Postby Icarus on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:51 am

Lets see an FPS based comeback from Fear!
Ghostface wrote:Icarus answered all questions exactly the way I would have.

I qualify him officialy to answer questions like that.
Icarus
Certified to answer nos related stuff

Postby .neo.styles on Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:09 pm

Kilt Gaston wrote:
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Hahahah, so you're saying that after we shot those fuckers in Iraq, they got back up and a short firefight ensued?

as long as they aren't hit in the spine, the brain, or the groin, then that is a possibility. the book Black Hawk Down (the same one that inspired the movie, don't remember the author's name) mentioned that the Delta Force men using the M14's prefered them because the 7.62x51 round not only killed quickly, but also tended to knock the enemy down, leaving them vulnerable to a fatal follow-up shot (if it was required), whereas they felt that 5.56 wouldn't do the job because it just breaks up inside the body, and therefor doesn't transfer the force of the hit to the enemy. (and, as I mentioned earlier, your body produces a lot of adrenaline during a battle which will numb out the pain of such a hit for a while)

oh, and I hardly find one horror movie every 2-3 years to be too many.

Fine. It breaks up in the body. That would have similar effects to a frag grenade, except it's being exploded inside of them. It still kills em' and that's what matters. I also happen to know that it has a higher muzzle velocity than the AK47.

Oh and plus, it has a detachable silencer.
.neo.styles

Postby Nuclear on Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:18 pm

what gun are you guys talking about the m14 or the m4 i actually like the m14 better then then the m16 and m4 because the round is better the 5.56 is basically a .22 round the m14 has been around longer if i not mistaken plus it was a support gun meaning it was fully automatic
Paul Kersey: It's like killing roaches -You have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?
Nuclear
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:06 pm

that's not entirely true, the M14 was basically a modernisation of the M1 Garand, they just decided to allow it to fire full-auto. (which, with a round such as 7.62x51, is not easy to do when in an unsupported position.) there was a version made of the M14 specifically meant as a support weapon, but it isn't very common.

[edit] oh, I just remembered. a couple of modern variants of the AK rifles also have attachable silencers, here's one for the AKS-74U for instance.

yes, that is a grenade launcher under the barrel. [/edit]
Kilt Gaston

Postby .neo.styles on Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:39 pm

I would like to see an in-game utility for recording gameplay videos.

"What abut FRAPS?" you say? Well, a separate video editor would use am lot more system resources, meaning that either the video would not be smooth or you would have to turn the settings down.
.neo.styles

Postby Icarus on Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:03 pm

90% of the people playing probably won't even use that feature. Waste of time, if it's really important stick with fraps.

Icarus

Postby .neo.styles on Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:47 pm

How do ye know that not many people will take advantage of eet?
.neo.styles

Postby Icarus on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:00 pm

Because most people play games to PLAY not to watch themselves play. Unless they're freaky obsessive wierdos.

Icarus

Postby .neo.styles on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:51 pm

Icarus wrote:Because most people play games to PLAY not to watch themselves play. Unless they're freaky obsessive wierdos.

Uhm, look at all the game video on you tube or google videos. Recording videos isn't the main reason why they can play but it is still good.
.neo.styles

Postby Mort Rouge on Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:30 pm

Actually, the only good use for demo recording is in RTS. In FPS games it's to hard to overlook all the tactics and even the player skill. Totaly unecessary.
Mort Rouge

Postby Pardner on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:43 pm

one use of demo recording in fps is in the case of a cheater. recording a demo of a cheater is sure evidance. hopefully, nos will lack those unwanted cheaters.
Pardner

Postby .neo.styles on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:18 am

BaaL wrote:one use of demo recording in fps is in the case of a cheater. recording a demo of a cheater is sure evidance. hopefully, nos will lack those unwanted cheaters.

yeah, because hopefully the devs took my suggestion for IP blacklists and ban conditions (one such condition would be prevent anyone with the word "myg0t" from connecting to the server.)

Oh yeah, Mort Rogue, interestingly enough, I have sen far more videos of FPSs than RTS games. It's just a great way to show off your 1337 skills.
.neo.styles

Postby Kilt Gaston on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:46 am

I bet you that most of them (if not all) were done using FRAPS or a similar program.
Kilt Gaston

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions and Comments