Hello all

Offtopic stuff goes here...

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Hello all

Postby .neo.styles on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:27 am

Long time no see :) Glad to see the game is still comming along! If I had any cirts, they they would be that somethings look a bit low res in the screenshots.. but aanwaaayyy

Life has been coming along for me too.. Got job, started college etc.

In case anyone is curious, here is my art
http://gripinc.deviantart.com
.neo.styles

Re: Hello all

Postby FraGGer on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:27 am

Heya Fear,

I hope you came a long way from when you where banned. I guess we will know soon :)

Your art looks pretty nice, neat renders. My only crit is that there is so much grain on there.. Keep up the nice work tho
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Gruff on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:33 am

That link can't be clicked on
Gruff
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 am

Fixed your link - will check pics when not at work ;)
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby ProXhimo on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:22 pm

OMG, you´re back? :D You certainly bring back lots of fun moments forgotten! Hope you´r doing well. :)
"Stand aside, or you will be struck down..... Die then" - REGIS Mark V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bilYHoHNs8A
ProXhimo

Postby .neo.styles on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Yeah, im defenitely a different person than i was 4 years ago :) I've developed an interest in working out and I've gotten much more into games and art.

FraGGer.. I seem to remeber you.. You did some pretty amesome work on the nos weapons. :) Thanks for the crit.. It's just due to the render not going long enough.. Indigo is getting GPU rendering soon, which should clear that up..
.neo.styles

Postby TheFrog4u on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:50 pm

hey F.E.A.R. (right?).. your renders look pretty good. you have made nice progress in the last 4 years :P ..which tool do you use for modeling? (indigo is just a render-engine, isn´t it?)
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Pardner on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi ya FEAR! good to see more and more people back :drinking:
Pardner

Postby .neo.styles on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:56 pm

I use two tools to model.. One of them is silo 3D and the other one is Modo 301.

Indigo is free.. in a way. The free version limits your render to 1000x700 and ads a water mark.. Not really that much of a big deal for me and the paid version is over $500.

Aside from that, I also use google sketchup for exporting to indigo.. So, I model is silo, export to sketchup, do all my materials and lighting, then render from there...

Indigo is a great.. Very user friendly and they are getting GPU support soon.. Afaik, it will be the only free renderer to support gpu acceleration.. it will basically be able to finish your render in a few minutes as opposed to over a dozen hours.. It will be pretty cool. :)

I have improved in my modeling, but I think a big part of it is my work ethic... Before I didn't have much patience to slowly do things carefully.. Ever since getting a job, I've gotten a lot stronger (mentally) which makes it easier to do things carefully..
.neo.styles

Postby Karachi123 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:59 am

Hi, this is Adarsh from India and I am new to the forum and presenting a quote by Monroe Forester "Hope is always available to us. When we feel defeated, we need only take a deep breath and say, "Yes," and hope will reappear." Thanks
Karachi123

Postby Ghostface on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:41 pm

are you a spam bot ? i am not able to read the language of your website so I can't be sure :P
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Icarus on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Very likely so. The site's in Hebrew. More or less people who appear to be building and promoting websites or something along those lines. Seems legit since there's a valid phone number in the contact info but none the less spamlicious and completely out of context, let alone Indian...
Ghostface wrote:Icarus answered all questions exactly the way I would have.

I qualify him officialy to answer questions like that.
Icarus
Certified to answer nos related stuff

Return to Offtopic