When forums go wrong

Offtopic stuff goes here...

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

When forums go wrong

Postby .neo.styles on Sun May 14, 2006 11:16 pm

Now, I'ma big fan of music, particularly metal. As such, I signed up at Between the Buried and Me forums and let me tell you that this is the scump pit of the internet. The modetaors delete and modify people's posts rampantly for either no reason or just becasue they think it's funny. The actual members are complete assholes and are so stupid that nothing can get get gthrough to them on account of the protective shield of ignorance, stupidity, and hypocrisy sorrounding each of the many dimwits.

Homophobia runs rampant across the place like flies on a dead cow.. These people give "hypocrite" a whole new meaning. In short a bunch, of senseless, witless morons.

Oh and by the way, my name is "nice-try". When you browse the boards, youshould take into consideration that just about everyone of my posts has been f'ed up by the mods.

What is your guys' take?
.neo.styles

Postby Napoli on Mon May 15, 2006 12:47 am

lol they changed sooo many of your posts
Heh
Napoli

Postby Witzzard on Mon May 15, 2006 11:30 am

By just reading this forum entry, escpecially the answer, i can only say i can think of reasons for it all ;P

Okay okay, i didn't looked in the forum ...
A german poem (part) by myself

Ich dacht’ ich war dir nah,
doch warst du niemals wirklich da.
Dacht ich hätte dich verstanden,
doch hat dieses Verstehen nie bestanden. [...]
Witzzard

Postby .neo.styles on Mon May 15, 2006 2:28 pm

The only reason is that these guys are idiots :
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warrio ... cranus.htm
.neo.styles

Postby Witzzard on Mon May 15, 2006 5:12 pm

*lol* ... nothing more to say about that...
A german poem (part) by myself

Ich dacht’ ich war dir nah,
doch warst du niemals wirklich da.
Dacht ich hätte dich verstanden,
doch hat dieses Verstehen nie bestanden. [...]
Witzzard

Postby FraGGer on Wed May 17, 2006 11:27 am

Apparantly you have been banned from other forums

Care to explain why ?

http://soldner.jowood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36753
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby .neo.styles on Wed May 17, 2006 3:23 pm

Ah yes, the Soldner boards.. Brings back memories.. *distant look*

Such a promising game.. Soo much potential..

Anyhow, the team @ Soldner interpreted my critisism as flaming. He said "banned for insulting the team" which I did not do.

I think that they were unable to cope with the sheer volume of sugestions I gave. They didn't like me becasue the number of suggestions I gave I made it clear that Soldner was a very bad game. They refused to see how flawed their game was is all.

I'm not a trouble maker though. I have lots of ideas for games, which I stand stongly by and will defend them. That's about it.

I'vew also been banned from the Inside Earth (a fan (boi) site) forums for the same reason. The developers promised about 4 dozen features, about half of which they failed to implement. I showed peopele the truth about the game and they got rid of me to protect the devlopers reputation.
.neo.styles

Postby Kilt Gaston on Wed May 17, 2006 7:08 pm

FraGGer, I surfed the Soldner forum pretty much since the day I reached puberty until about a year or two ago. the guys running the show are idiots, and from what I've heard are even asking their forum community to rig the ratings on a few online stores to try to get more sales for the game. (which, just to warn you all, is now called Semper Fidelis: Marine Corps)

I was banned from the forum when the devs decided that they didn't like the off-topic sub-forum community.
Kilt Gaston

Postby FraGGer on Wed May 17, 2006 7:16 pm

Lmao, Jerks :P

This is not a nice way to be for a gamedev company
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Wed May 17, 2006 10:09 pm

they're not even proffessional developers, they were originally a mod team who were able to get their hands on the source code for the game and given permission to continue working on it after Wings (the original development team) was shut down.
Kilt Gaston

Postby .neo.styles on Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:53 pm

Kilt Gaston wrote:they're not even professional developers, they were originally a mod team who were able to get their hands on the source code for the game and given permission to continue working on it after Wings (the original development team) was shut down.

Hehehe, yeah, same here man!

Brings back memories! :D

Ah yes, Project Zero. :lol:

I'm sure you all remember my link that I gave to all their suggestions. Shortly following that post, I was banned for no reason whatsoever. They forbid me from invoking references to their games in my suggestions, but this didn't really work to their advantage. You see, Soldner is a game that was very ambitious but ended up doing just about everything imaginable wrong. Now, you have other games like CSS that implemented these aspects correctly. Now, after about 5 patches, the game hadn't budged, in terms of quality. So, I think it's safe to assume that they didn't have the technical and design skill to really improve the game. Using references to other games was the only hope of effectively improving Soldner. They had to use role models.

Hahah, what suggestions did you make, Kilt?

[1] I suggested fixing the bad vehicles physics. They didn't, presumably because they don't have the skill to do so.

[2] I suggested fixing the abhorrent weapon views. Do you remember how, in Soldner, you could only see the very tip of the assault rifles? :lol: They TRIED fixing it (in a recent patch) but they failed miserably. The view was increased nearly enough.

[3] Same thing with the bizarre recoil. They tried fixing it but they failed.

What initially drew me to Soldner was the combination of a massive arsenal and big battlefields.

However, several other games are being built on this concept (Armed Assault and Alliance : The Secret War are two examples) and they appear to be realizing this concept successfully.

There is no hope for Soldner. Not unless it is put in the hands of some people that know what they're doing. After about 15 patches, the game still is flawed and buggy beyond belief. I had high hopes, that through my suggestions, it might become a good game.

Maybe dead rabbit software should take over the project..? :wink:

==============================================
BTW, about the SIN metal forums? I got em' shut down. :twisted:

Try going to smnnews.com. It will return a blank document. They were swapping movies and games through an online uploading service.

These guys give "stupid" a whole new meaning. They are completely impervious to reasoning and logic. There are so stubborn that they will never change their minds, regardless of how hopeless their case is. I once pointed out, to this one dude, that those posts were altered by the moderators And he said that that doesn't change anything. These people really have below normal IQs. They are completely incapable of rational thought.

They're also unbelievably homophobic and hypocritical.
.neo.styles

Postby Kilt Gaston on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:47 am

|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Hahah, what suggestions did you make, Kilt?

none, I just called Viper008 an asshole. :P
Kilt Gaston

Postby .neo.styles on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:07 am

Kilt Gaston wrote:
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Hahah, what suggestions did you make, Kilt?

none, I just called Viper008 an asshole. :P

Hahaha! :lol:

Ah yeas, Viper.. That dude.. :lol: Interpereted criticism as insults..

Brins back memories....

How about "Mathias Beelen"? Do you remember that dude? LOL most memorable figure on the whole freakin' board!

I mean, his inability to accept was so astonishingly blatant, that it moght have actually created a black hole! :wink:

I mean, he pretended like Soldner was the only game in existence, so if you said "I think that Soldner implemented feature X improperly, and a good ecample of that feature can be seen in game Y", he would percieve that as promoting game Y. :lol:

I mean, for chrissake, check this out :
Soldnerplay if you have such high eyes of BF2, what are you doing here, only post of you I see are complaints.

Basicly complains wont work so do you. Go promote BF2 elsewehere, or else I will take other actions against your account here on the forums.

Accept this one as a official 1st and last warning for you.

Cheers,

----Closed----

Don't need to waste time on such guy!!!

He just admited that Project Zero doesn't have the skill to improve the game!

Hahaha!

Man, that board and those people... :?

My favorite parts was how they fooled you with this glorious pre-rendered intro which featres some amazing pyrotechnics and then when you play the actual game, the first thing that comes to mind is "these people didnt't have a damn clue what they were doing."

IMO, SOldner would actually have made alot of progress by now if they actually gave the community a higher degree of freedom.

Did you get that e-mail that valiantly proclaimed Soldner's rebirth, how it had become such a better game, whereas, in reality it was really same old POS?
=============================================
If you are like me and were drawn to soldner because of it's huge arsenal and large battlefields than you should keep an eye on Armed Assault :

True, this screen doesn't tell you much, but you've got the large battlefields, sot hat's a start.
:wink:
.neo.styles

Postby Kilt Gaston on Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:17 am

aye, Beelen, I remember him alright. one of my freinds (who worked with Project Zero for a time as a sound designer) summed him up nicely with one word, "nazi".

nope, I didn't get the e-mail, fortunately.

my eye's already on Armed Assault. I'm a big OFP fan, and since ArmA is being made by the same company it's definately on my list of games to check out. their "Game 2" also looks quite promising.
Kilt Gaston

Return to Offtopic