[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby .neo.styles on Wed May 24, 2006 10:47 pm

Pwe-cise-wy. :D
.neo.styles

Postby Napoli on Wed May 24, 2006 11:11 pm

I just remember the old days when almost every server allowed them, but i haven't played in forever, so i really don't care
Heh
Napoli

Postby Kilt Gaston on Thu May 25, 2006 6:03 am

|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:Unprecidented amounts of customization

no, Operation Flashpoint has unprecidented amounts of customisation, CS really only lets you customise the outside. (unless you're into silly server-side mods)

great graphics

I've seen better looking visuals in Max Payne 2.

tons of weapons

a lot, maybe. tons, no.

(which all handle perfectly)

hahahahahahah!

great maps

under the influence of how much pot?

great sound

Red Orchestra 3.2 has great sound, Mafia has great sound, Counter-Strike certainly does not.

the ability to customize the gampeplay further with console commands

my favourite to use is kill, it saves me from having to experience the horrid gameplay.

and physics.

wow, look at that can fly all the way across the map! hey, look, the table I'm standing on is shaking all over the place!

What's not too like?

the fact that it's an arcadey piece of shit with a horrid community, poorly layed-out maps, and no gameplay, and do I need to mention the hackers and script kiddies?
Kilt Gaston

Postby Witzzard on Thu May 25, 2006 6:08 am

Hmm there are in many games hackers and script-kiddies, so i think you can allways blame the game for it ;)
A german poem (part) by myself

Ich dacht’ ich war dir nah,
doch warst du niemals wirklich da.
Dacht ich hätte dich verstanden,
doch hat dieses Verstehen nie bestanden. [...]
Witzzard

Postby Kilt Gaston on Thu May 25, 2006 6:38 am

the thing is though, that Counter-Strike is well known for attracting those types as a lightbulb is for attracting moths. Counter-Strike is the only game I've played where everybody on the server except me is hacking, in every other game I've played it's only been one or two at a time.
Kilt Gaston

Postby FraGGer on Thu May 25, 2006 8:56 am

The Physics kinda suck indeed

Dust OH LOL what a fuckung stupid map

you can roll a barrel infront of the door geesh that is bugged you cant jump over it -.-
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby .neo.styles on Thu May 25, 2006 4:55 pm

no, Operation Flashpoint has unprecidented amounts of customisation, CS really only lets you customise the outside. (unless you're into silly server-side mods)

CS : S let's you change models, skins, HUDs, map props, and MUCH more.

It also support plugins, like Mani.

The outside is what matters, because it's a visually oriented type of game, you see. :roll: It's called a "VIDEO game" and as such the entire game is conveyed through the visuals.

I've seen better looking visuals in Max Payne 2.

Try using settings other than "lowest."

And put down the gin, please.

If you claim that Max Payne 2 has better graphcis than than CSS, you wil get laughed at.

a lot, maybe. tons, no.

Most games don't come close to CSSs 40 weapons.

Most people seem to think that 8 or so is enough.

hahahahahahah!

Uhm, they don't recoil too much and they aren't uselessyly accurate like BF2s.

under the influence of how much pot?

Stop confusing me with yourself.

The maps are great becasue they allow a tremendous variation in strategy and yield many memorable moments.

Red Orchestra 3.2 has great sound, Mafia has great sound, Counter-Strike certainly does not.

Get some decent speakers, buddy.

The weapons and explosions sound powerful, unlike most games.

my favourite to use is kill, it saves me from having to experience the horrid gameplay

You don't get it. CSSs console (which the fans seem to take for granted) allows you to make tweaks on the fly, which would require mods or restarting the game for other games (change the gravity, change the bots, etc.)

With the Mani Admin plugin, the functionality of the console is boosted vastly.

wow, look at that can fly all the way across the map! hey, look, the table I'm standing on is shaking all over the place!

That's the biggest weakness of the havok physics engine.

In fact, once I'm done writing this, I'm gonna go over to their forums and make a siuggestion. ;)

No, the physics really immerses you in the game, when you see cans flying around and bodies collpasing ragdoll style.

the fact that it's an arcadey piece of shit with a horrid community, poorly layed-out maps, and no gameplay, and do I need to mention the hackers and script kiddies?

I don't think you know even what arcade style gameplay is.

In CSS, you die reletively easily, which means that if you just charge in, with guns blazing, you'll be dead before you can say "OmfG H4xx!!" You need to use strategy like grenades, flanking, and taking the high ground. Advancing slwly is also a must.

The map lay outs are great, becasue they allow for such an immense range of tactics. Ever spectated? Ever notice that the rounds are rarely ever played the same.

CSS also has bots, which is pretty rare. Most devlopers don't have the guts to do this.

Last but not least, although CSS requires actual reflexes (another plus), benbeath the adrenaline frenzy, there is actually a fairly layered game.
.neo.styles

Postby FraGGer on Thu May 25, 2006 9:45 pm

U fail dude -.-'

Im not in the mood for writing long replys anyway -.-

Tbh Max payne 2 Does look better then CSS at some points

Css has alot of weapons yes but i mean only deagle ak m4 and awp are used

Real men use scout !!!!

Like i said The maps general are ok but some suck ass like dust1/2
Sound is mostly meh ( I have decent speakers )

Console binds isnt something that is only in CSS it was already done like in quake1 n stuff so yea it isnt exactly new... more like old

I suggest you dont post on their forum,, just because...

CSS is mostly played spray n pray and wne I try to play it stealthy it goes all wrong because one of these noobs comes with his auto shotgun ( way to over powered ) or a scripter/hacker comes around and kills you with one headshot of the glock which is total BS

Reflexes =/ Right clicking at a player with the awp scoped fun fun,
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Fri May 26, 2006 5:09 am

|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:CS : S let's you change models, skins, HUDs, map props, and MUCH more.

elaborate on the "much more", what you have listed right now can be done in many other games.

It also support plugins, like Mani.

does it support changes to the game/graphics engine? thought not.

The outside is what matters, because it's a visually oriented type of game, you see. :roll: It's called a "VIDEO game" and as such the entire game is conveyed through the visuals.

funny, last time I checked it was the gameplay that made a game good, not the graphics.

Try using settings other than "lowest."

couldn't come up with a better reply, eh?

And put down the gin, please.

shame i don't drink.

If you claim that Max Payne 2 has better graphcis than than CSS, you wil get laughed at.

if you claim that Counter-Strike is a good game in many gaming communities, you will get laughed at.

Most games don't come close to CSSs 40 weapons.

quite ironic, considering only a handful are used on a regular basis.

Uhm, they don't recoil too much

I beg the differ.

and they aren't uselessyly accurate like BF2s.

don't you mean innacurate?

The maps are great becasue they allow a tremendous variation in strategy and yield many memorable moments.

yes, three different ways to get to the bombing point, and that lovely memory of the time you got continuously spawnkilled by that sniper at the start of the round on one of those Dust maps.

Get some decent speakers, buddy.

I don't use speakers, buddy.

The weapons and explosions sound powerful, unlike most games.

albeit at a measly 22,050Mhz.

You don't get it. CSSs console (which the fans seem to take for granted) allows you to make tweaks on the fly, which would require mods or restarting the game for other games (change the gravity, change the bots, etc.)

both of which (bots and unnormal gravity) happen to be an annoiance to me.

I don't think you know even what arcade style gameplay is.

unrealistic weapon handling, the ability to bunny hop, being able to change the direction you're straffing in a split second, having your bullets fire in a qide cone, all just happen to be features of nearly all arcadey first-person shooter games, as well as being features of Counter-Strike.

In CSS, you die reletively easily, which means that if you just charge in, with guns blazing, you'll be dead before you can say "OmfG H4xx!!" You need to use strategy like grenades, flanking, and taking the high ground. Advancing slwly is also a must.

there are many games out there that do a much better job at tactical gameplay than Counter-Strike. I'm not going to bother naming any, as you're likely to find a few in the used games section of your local Electronics Boutique. (likely previously owned by Counter-Strike junkies.)

The map lay outs are great

I'd suggest playing other games, and then revising that statement.

Ever spectated?

what's the fun in that?

Ever notice that the rounds are rarely ever played the same.

small variations in the way things happen aren't special.

CSS also has bots, which is pretty rare.

Goldeneye, Day of Defeat, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, IL-2 Sturmovik, pretty much every arcade fighting game out there, Operation Flashpoint, Unreal Tournament 2004, Battlefield 1942, Hidden & Dangerous, SWAT 4, Vietcong, Splinter Cell, and countless games which I haven't played or can't be bothered to mention or remember. (as well as pretty much every single-player game made.)

Last but not least, although CSS requires actual reflexes

shame it doesn't require any brain power.
Kilt Gaston

Previous

Return to Offtopic