Weapons and Music

News which are displayed on the frontside.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby mrskinnyarms on Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:12 am

I would almost call the track Industrial, but the harshness found in the music genre doesn't exist. I'll stick with calling it Original Game Music. Either way, it's still great. :)

But nice job on the models. Very spiffy.
-mrskinnyarms

mrskinnyarms

Re: Well..

Postby Shinigami121 on Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:42 pm

Parapraxis wrote:Techno:
electronic sounds

Exactly, that are made on a computer.
Shinigami121

Postby Roberticus on Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:00 am

Parapraxis:
and I .. also Hate techno as well as you.. That word just makes me think of a bunch of Ravers flopping around in a big room popping ecstacy and humping eachother.

The style you're now after is Gabba, the hardest style of EDM (=Electronic Dance Music). Techno is a very calm sort of EDM, so it is almost impossible to rave to techno...
There are many subgenres to "techno" so you can't hate them all If you have only heard one subgenre...
And yes, extacy is a sad part, but not everyone uses it (many people are 'clean', but they let the music take control)

==> http://www.di.fm
that site is maybe the worlds largest EDM radio 'station', so I recommend going there and educate yourself.
and as you can see there, there are many different styles of EDM on the site.
The three I listen on a regular basis are (Happy)Hardcore, European Hard Trance and DJ Mixes.
On Friday evenings/nights (8-10 GMT) I listen to DJ Myers Live at X-tremebeatz (Winamp Url: http://67.15.14.55:8666 ).

And isn't it quite unnecessary to hate a music style? :wink:
If you don't like it, don't listen to it and don't think about it.

Btw, have you ever been in the control of the EDM music?
I meen that you move to the music and can't do anything about it, and that you forget all your problems and have the feeling: Life is good.

Im starting to get irritated when people all the time throw sh*t on EDM when they don't know what it really is...
(there might be many writing errors, but Im too lazy correcting them)
Roberticus

hmm yea

Postby Parapraxis on Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:43 pm

well i listen to IDM. so i respect some EDM.. but i am not a dancer i like music that makes my brain dance.. haha.. i was just trying to say my music isn't techno is all.. and i dont think edm is techno.. because its well edm.. and same goes for IDM.. or industrial or whatever else there is... in my opinion these things are electronic music.. and techno is a thing of its own.. under the category of electronic music.

but its all a matter of opinion etc.. so this isnt exactly something that has a real answer..

as far as categorizing music.. in genre's i think its a bunch of poo poo

and as far as me hating certain music styles.. well.. yea thats true. in the matter of rave type danceable music to a certain extent.. but i only mentioned that because i didnt want the person who was calling my music techno to feel like i was bashing them by my response to them calling my music techno.. which i wasnt doing at all.. but it seems i offended someone else..

the main point of my post from before was just to say.. hey my music isnt techno and if you dont like my music.. dont classify it as something it isnt.. and the reason i dont like dancable music is because of my own mind and view point of the world.. i cant let loose.. or be hippyish... because thats not who i am.. when it comes down to it a lot of the music has to do with the drugs you do.. and i am a junky.. and dont like acid/or ecstacy .. or hallucinigins or "setting my mind free" or without drugs.. i am a depressed miserable pessimistic person without this i am sure i would like dancable type of music so maybe its not the music I hate.. but the idea's behind dancing and being happy and free..
-- and so it goes.
Parapraxis
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby loggerer on Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:39 pm

Hey para do you listen to Tool? Their songs are cool. And I think they would make your "brain dance" :)
loggerer
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Postby TheFrog4u on Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:14 pm

/me loves Tool! (and their little projekt "a perfect circle")
sae them 2 times life.. GREAT!
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby broken on Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:29 pm

TheFrog4u wrote:/me loves Tool! (and their little projekt "a perfect circle")

APC is amazing.
Btw... where's this week's update?
Better reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.
broken

Postby TheFrog4u on Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:37 am

sry, the newsupdate will come a bit later this week.. hopefully this evening..
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby loggerer on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:58 am

TheFrog4u wrote:/me loves Tool! (and their little projekt "a perfect circle")

APC is a completely different band, and is definitely not a "little projekt" :)
The only similarity is the singer. MJK has such an awesome voice.. My favourite song of allll time is Lateralus.
loggerer
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Postby TheFrog4u on Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:18 am

ok, but not only the singer is similar -also the music.. hmm ok APC is a bit softer..

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

yeah

Postby Parapraxis on Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:05 pm

haha yea i like tool.
-- and so it goes.
Parapraxis
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Sniper2160 on Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:13 pm

Seth wrote:AK-47 is in pretty much every fps game, you would think someone would get sick of seeing it so much

I think you can only get sick of seeing a weapon in a bunch of games if the weapon ios the same model with the same firing sounds and the same firing rate, the Ak47 in americas army was incredible. and very realistic, but so were all the weapons, you also cant forget the fact that the AK 47 has made such a huge impact on the world. besides the fact that its relatively cheap, has a Decent rate of fire, and a very powerful round, itd be kinda weird to leave it out, as far as the FN2000 and weapons like that go, theyd be great, but theyre also high end millitary weapons, state of the art design with cutting edge electronics systems. honestly id like to see something like the FN2000 in game like this, but id also be happy with things like a Mosin Nagant too, or an axe. and as far as the USP Match Goes, the USP is a combat weapon, the "Match" System is a compensator with a fancy name, and the US Socom is a great weapon but with the suppressor on it its like having an SMG, which is why i like the idea of the USP.

and the Music ive gotta say the first 2 tracks werent really what id play an FPS game too but Illusion is very Remnant of UT and therefore i love it!

btw this is my first Post and first time on the forums i looked at the front pages ALOT and really started anticipating this game just from that, i found the link from i think a FarCry forum which is cool cause i like farcry.
another thing i found interesting is that one of my Favorite songs is Called Nosferatu which ironically is what i was listening to when i stumbled upon this site :P, anyway i really look forward to this game, the Models and weapon selection so far is incredible and i really hope to see more

P.S anyone Considered an Axe yet?
Sniper2160

Postby Mr. Orange on Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:21 am

well the ak is......an ak, but gj anyway. The usp is da shit. love it. haven't heard the music yet but im sure its great.
Mr. Orange

Previous

Return to News