Weapons and Music

News which are displayed on the frontside.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:00 pm

Gator69 wrote:VERY nice USP! But isn't 2300 ploys a little heavy for a pistol?

if it is, you need a better computer.
Kilt Gaston

Postby Insulaner on Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:44 pm

Every time you post, Kilt, I feel a little TS boards in here. :)
(+dru-) If the entire german language could be summed up into one small word, it'd be 'achtung!'
Insulaner
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

The music

Postby Parapraxis on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:35 pm

The music isn't based on the old soundtrack.. but I did listen to it for inspiration.. as well as philip glass's new nosferatu soundtrack for the original movie... and symphony of horrors music for the original as well.. whom I actually saw live in concert playing along to the movie nosferatu.. 2 years ago... but i found symphony of horror's soundtrack a bit too midi sounding..

but you can definately tell by listening to each of those soundtracks for nosferatu where the basis of my musical angle for the game kind of originated from... and I have been trying to stick to more of a soundtrack for the nosferatu movie for the soundtrack for the game.. which I feel is well suited.

More tracks will be released in the news.. and I am heading in another direction.. also for this game.. with guitars and drums as well with the backings of the same sort of sound....guitar / drum industrial type sound.....as requested by the team.

Thanks for the comments so far.. - Parapraxis
-- and so it goes.
Parapraxis
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby JMW on Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:09 pm

good job para.

-JMW
JMW
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Shinigami121 on Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:26 am

loggerer wrote:Thefrog4u, when shinigami said "the walther p99s" he meant we should have used the walther p99s. Which by the way is silly, because we already have the p22. :) The usp is a damn good model, and if you guys don't want it, then that's too bad, it's going to be in it, and you should appreciate how well done the model is. :)

That's what I meant, P99s were used in Underworld as well. Also, I didn't know that the P22 was gonna be in Nosferatu, that's good. :D
Like a mini-P99.
@Frog-I meant to say weapon models, but I typed playermodels. :P
And the song sounded techno to me, because it was made on a computer. Which I do not like, but hey, what can you do.
Shinigami121

Postby aswilson on Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:44 am

Shinigami121 wrote:And the song sounded techno to me, because it was made on a computer. Which I do not like, but hey, what can you do.

Almost all modern music is produced and mixed on computers. Saying that anything made on a computer is techno is pretty vastly flawed.
aswilson

Postby Kilt Gaston on Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:32 am

Insulaner wrote:Every time you post, Kilt, I feel a little TS boards in here. :)

do you mean that in a good way, or a bad way? :?
Kilt Gaston

Postby Fearless on Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:25 pm

I like that USP but the AK looks bit blocky.
Fearless

Postby Insulaner on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:15 pm

Kilt Gaston wrote:
Insulaner wrote:Every time you post, Kilt, I feel a little TS boards in here. :)

do you mean that in a good way, or a bad way? :?

In a very good way..
(+dru-) If the entire german language could be summed up into one small word, it'd be 'achtung!'
Insulaner
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:36 pm

:D
Kilt Gaston

Postby Shinigami121 on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:02 am

aswilson wrote:
Shinigami121 wrote:And the song sounded techno to me, because it was made on a computer. Which I do not like, but hey, what can you do.

Almost all modern music is produced and mixed on computers. Saying that anything made on a computer is techno is pretty vastly flawed.

In a sense, but it's not my fault I like music done the old fashioned way, even if it isn't feasible. Just because everyone's doing it doesn't make it cool. :P
Shinigami121

Re: The music

Postby TheFrog4u on Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:27 am

Don´t worry..
Parapraxis wrote:More tracks will be released in the news.. and I am heading in another direction.. also for this game.. with guitars and drums as well with the backings of the same sort of sound....guitar / drum industrial type sound.....as requested by the team.
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Visual on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:11 pm

the music is awsome, i think u should have it techno style like blade...dadadadadadadd zipzap..dadadzddadoadoadoad..lol
Visual

Postby lillbrorsan on Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Visual wrote:the music is awsome, i think u should have it techno style like blade...dadadadadadadd zipzap..dadadzddadoadoadoad..lol

Never heard that song, Scooter? :P

http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My private website with online portfolio
lillbrorsan

Well..

Postby Parapraxis on Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:46 am

Techno:
Any of various styles of dance music characterized by electronic sounds and a high-energy, rhythmic beat.

Please... try dancing to the Nosferatu soundtrack....Maybe I am wrong.... but I don't see that happening...

:lol:

I don't know what the music I have made for Nosferatu is.. In a "genre" sort of sense.. or what to call it really... but its definately not techno.. and I .. also Hate techno as well as you.. That word just makes me think of a bunch of Ravers flopping around in a big room popping ecstacy and humping eachother.. which.. I don't think is what I have made for Nosferatu.. I could be wrong?.. But if you go to a rave and put in the nosferatu soundtrack.. I bet everyone will probably end up seeing evil demons and such .. and end up killing eachother..

all in all if you dont like the music thats cool with me.. we are all allowed to our own opinions.. but its not techno... or really classifiable as anything... except for maybe.. experimental?.. So its not techno.. haha.. thats my main point here..

Besides the music is made in the real world.. just like playing a guitar.. and then recording it.. when you have something you like..
and I actually record things to tape. (the old fashioned way) as a demo version.. sometimes I even record from tape to computer.. but yea tape is primitive.. and I do love the sound of crackly.. crappy recordings of tape recording.. but I also like high pitch noises that make your ears bleed/ straight noise straight to my skull.. but I dont think people would appreciate that...for a game soundtrack... haha... or non professional sounding music for a game either.

Its all hardware.. as in real world "instruments" called synthesizers.. (yes they can be used to make techno.. but they arent with my music) no downloadable loops from the internet etc.. so.. yea.. and the sounds are also recorded with a microphone...
-- and so it goes.
Parapraxis
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

PreviousNext

Return to News