Renders, Music, and more

News which are displayed on the frontside.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Renders, Music, and more

Postby Ghostface on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:05 pm

I know we are a little late with the weekly news update, but here it is anyway :)

Here ya go with 2 new weapon renders, first of all the skinned mac-11 and then the Walther P22.

Image Image

Additionaly we are releasing the second track from the official Nosferatu Soundtrack by Parapraxis.

I would also like to announce our new board design (should you not like it; the old one is still available at your profile). In other news, our irc-channel (irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nosferatu) got a new bot whos logging everything. These logs are used to determine the blood-point bonus for the idlers (read the board if you dont know what I am talking about).
I also installed a nice quiz script (the questions will be replaced with vampire/horror related questions in the near future).

You can check the stats at http://www.nosferatuthegame.com/irc_log.html
Last edited by Ghostface on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Shinigami121 on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:18 pm

Where's the taep, dangit!
P22 looks nice, specially with the compensators.
Shinigami121

Postby lillbrorsan on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:50 pm

Why? Why so sexy?! :D

http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My private website with online portfolio
lillbrorsan

Postby Seth on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:31 pm

Wonder how good the player models are going to be? With weapon models as good as these
"Life is an illusion and death is our only reality"
Seth

Postby mrskinnyarms on Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:26 pm

Wow, I'm very impressed.
Those Mac-11's look absolutely vicious. The Walther's look pretty nifty too. Nice work!
-mrskinnyarms

mrskinnyarms

Postby Superguppy on Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:50 am

The new soundtrack is really good! By the way I like the new board design. I think it fits better to the look of the Nosferatu website!
Superguppy

Postby loggerer on Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:58 pm

I like the new music Para :D

I like it a lot. :)
It really suits, nice work.
loggerer
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Postby Mr. Orange on Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:52 pm

that mac has got to be the sexiest thing i have ever seen modelled in my life.
the p22 is almost as sexy, but could someone explain the use of a .22 against a creature of the night?

great job on the music, very creepy. it will really add to the atmosphere.
Mr. Orange

Postby Ghostface on Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:43 pm

the caliber doesnt matter much if you use silver bullets :P
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby aswilson on Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:05 pm

If silver is dangerous to a vampire, it would follow by conventional logic that more silver is more damaging. Hence, caliber matters. Besides, if it was really that dangerous to a vampire, why use firearms at all? Why not just wear a lot of jewelery?
aswilson

Postby Ghostface on Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:19 pm

remember people with a dead rabbit above their head are always right !
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Mr. Orange on Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:32 pm

aswilson wrote:If silver is dangerous to a vampire, it would follow by conventional logic that more silver is more damaging. Hence, caliber matters. Besides, if it was really that dangerous to a vampire, why use firearms at all? Why not just wear a lot of jewelery?

well it won't matter much to me, cuz i will be using that beast of a mac10 and really be puttin large amounts of silver in the vampires direction.
Mr. Orange

Postby mrskinnyarms on Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:00 am

aswilson wrote:If silver is dangerous to a vampire, it would follow by conventional logic that more silver is more damaging. Hence, caliber matters. Besides, if it was really that dangerous to a vampire, why use firearms at all? Why not just wear a lot of jewelery?

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it. :D
-mrskinnyarms

mrskinnyarms

Postby Mr. Orange on Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:07 am

mrskinnyarms wrote:

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it. :D

exactly. :D

now that i think about it, the .22 makes alot of sense(that is if the team actually thought this :roll: ) because the .22 has enough power to enter the body or skull but most likely doesn't have enough to exit. This means the silver stays in the vampire to work its magic, where as a .45 would pass thru and have little "poisonous silver" effect.
Mr. Orange

Postby aswilson on Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:30 am

Mr. Orange wrote:exactly. :D

now that i think about it, the .22 makes alot of sense(that is if the team actually thought this :roll: ) because the .22 has enough power to enter the body or skull but most likely doesn't have enough to exit. This means the silver stays in the vampire to work its magic, where as a .45 would pass thru and have little "poisonous silver" effect.

Not really. .45 ACP and even up the .50 AE have far too little kinetic energy to overpenetrate. Beyond that, even many rifle rounds will stay firmly in the body; the lightest rifle round known to overpenetrate is the 7.62x51mm NATO; as this round is a sniper round, this would obviously not be fired by any of the guns in the game. Further, most rounds are designed to stay within the body.
aswilson

Next

Return to News