Hands and stuff

News which are displayed on the frontside.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Hands and stuff

Postby Ghostface on Mon May 16, 2005 11:02 pm

We (especially I) were a little busy with real life last week, so sorry for the lack of an update last week (if you want to know why check my .plan).
Anyway on to the news, lets start with our brand new handmodel done by TheFrog4u. Furthermore a very nice map model by Jerome, who joined the team as an all-round talent.
This map model will be featured in some upcoming (new) map shots of my desert map (which quite changed alot).
Image Image

I also did a nice new fake-advertisment for the billboard also featured in my map. I hope nobody is offended by it, however you shouldn't be interested in vampire games anyway if you are.

Also the guys at game-overdrive.com interviewed azelito and me, the 3 pages long interview can be found here.
In other news six joined the team as mapper, and of course a new track from the Nosferatu Soundtrack by Parapraxis.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby mrskinnyarms on Tue May 17, 2005 1:40 am

hahahaha, that billboard is priceless. If anyone complains...I shall smite them. :headcut:

The hands are well done as is that beautiful caterpillar. And the track posses a very dark atmosphere. Very cool! :D

Nice job Nosferatu Team!
-mrskinnyarms

mrskinnyarms

Postby broken on Tue May 17, 2005 3:14 am

Woot for the Caterpillar! I'm from Peoria, Illinois, and cat is BIG BIG BIG here.
Better reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.
broken

Postby Icarus on Tue May 17, 2005 5:47 am

Hands look great, and that caterpillar model is awesome. And as always a great track, gives a cold dark feeling.

Keep it up guys.
Ghostface wrote:Icarus answered all questions exactly the way I would have.

I qualify him officialy to answer questions like that.
Icarus
Certified to answer nos related stuff

Postby Kilt Gaston on Tue May 17, 2005 8:23 am

kickass update, that caterpillar is one hulluva hunk of sex, and Parapraxis' song is great. those hands could use some skin though. :wink:
Kilt Gaston

Postby Ghostface on Tue May 17, 2005 9:00 am

nobody said that they havent got a skin already ;)
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby lillbrorsan on Tue May 17, 2005 9:10 am

I like it :D
Nice old caterpillar you got there ;)

http://www.lillbrorsan.webb.se - My private website with online portfolio
lillbrorsan

Postby JMW on Tue May 17, 2005 4:31 pm

Looking hot.

-JMW
JMW
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Superguppy on Tue May 17, 2005 6:50 pm

First I have to comment that beautiful Jesus (isn't it Jesus?) picture. It looks that good so you could think it was published by a sect. Really cool!

Now to the caterpillar. I think it looks very ordinary. Where are the lots of blood? I want more blood! And maybe you change the color or differ it ingame (maybe you should make a green and a blue one).

Now to the hands. If I compare them to the hands in Counter Strike, they look really nice. But having better-looking hands than CS should NOT be the goal of this game. By the way, this goal is almost reached :wink: . I don't know how the arms look, if they are skinned and used in the game, but if I see them as they are here, I don't agree with them. I think they look unnatural, especially the fingers. I think you should plan a workaround with the polygons or make some good skin to cover one or another ugliness!

I hope for further good progress!
Linux is like a wigwam. No Windows, no Gates ... and an Apache inside!
Superguppy

Postby Ghostface on Tue May 17, 2005 7:04 pm

uhoh dont make any comments regarding frogs ugly hands lol. Well believe me they are fine and better than most handmodels from other games/mods (you wont believe what bad handmodels some games have, you dont notice it ingame tho).

Oh and btw. afaik are all cat - catterpillars yellow :)
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby TheFrog4u on Tue May 17, 2005 9:12 pm

Superguppy wrote:I don't know how the arms look, if they are skinned and used in the game, but if I see them as they are here, I don't agree with them. I think they look unnatural, especially the fingers.

wtf.. these are MY hands.. and I don´t mean the model: I used this one as ref: http://mitglied.lycos.de/centaurimappin ... Haende.jpg -so stopp saying the fingers are too short.. ok, may my fingers are too short but already make them a bit longer on the model -he.. btw: ghost is right: most handmodels look very wired as model itself but very good ingame -thats a hell of differece -don´t know why?.. w´ll see how they look like..
btw: prepare for the vampire-hands. Model is finished, and me things its better then the human once -we may have had released them before -hehe..
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Tue May 17, 2005 9:31 pm

nah he wasnt refering to the length but rather to the thickness but its alright hehe
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby eatme on Wed May 18, 2005 9:10 am

those will come in handy :P
eatme

Postby mikejkelley on Wed May 18, 2005 10:54 am

The hands have steadily improved with each tweaking and I think they are fine now (I'm withholding any further compliments 'till I see them animated... :wink: ).

BTW, I just got eatme's joke.

I'm slow.
mikejkelley
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby TheFrog4u on Wed May 18, 2005 11:53 am

i never said i´m sure they´ll animate good.. I said I hope and think so :wink: ..w´ll see when aco finished the rig.. he´s got some problems with mirrowing it.. (may the news-topic is not the right place to talk about it)
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Next

Return to News