Ingame goodies

News which are displayed on the frontside.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Ingame goodies

Postby Ghostface on Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:46 pm

Quite a few weeks between the last update and this however this time it wasn't due to the fact that we don't have anything to show, but rather because we (and especially I) am pretty busy with development. Anyway you can read more about what happened etc. in my .plan.
Let me introduce dru, who is helping out with weapon animation before I proceed with the pics. I didn't announce his team join yet, so please excuse me :)
But now lets check out some pics ! First of all the p22 finally got a skin from Pete, both black and as silver slide variant. More over FraGGer modeled a nice sawed off shotgun and omg yes, you won't believe it but a couple of new ingame shots !

Image Image

So lets see, below you will find some ingame shots of the colt1911 and as an added goodie, the colt spots a new (previously unshown) skin from Insulaner.
Also a small teaser at JMWs condemned map which is currently getting some detail loving. I also got around to recode some particle related stuff, and the new fire particleFX is shown on the screenshots as well. Further more for those thinking that the HUD is too white, well fear no more its customizeable.
You can change red/green/blue and alpha values via the console (as shown on the last screen), aside from the fact that it is clientside scripted so that everyone can create and use his own hud without changing the sourcecode.
The HUD might get explained further next week, if you can't wait that long go to the boards and "buy" the HUD-concepts, or ask at the boards.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Finally, should you be too lazy to read the .plan, we are progressing extremely fast atm, and thanks to all the fans who are supporting us :)

Edit: Just a small note: For those who don't know it - the first 4 screens are showing the engine test-map.

Last edited by Ghostface on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby MenZa on Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:55 pm

Dude, that is so f*cking awesome. Sorry for the choice of words though.

Thanks for informing me, azelito :D
MenZa

Postby Icarus on Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:56 pm

I love you Ghosty!

The P22 skin looks really awesome, I'd hump it if I could. And the ingame shots are making me drool. Too bad my PC wont take the game at that quality.
Ghostface wrote:Icarus answered all questions exactly the way I would have.

I qualify him officialy to answer questions like that.
Icarus
Certified to answer nos related stuff

Postby Superguppy on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:00 pm

Yeah, you're right - this update is a little bit late. Nevertheless I am very impressed of the ingame shots. All those weapons look nicer in the game than expected. The HUD looks nice and also the experience bar is a good choice and well done :wink: . Now I like the handmodel after all. First I disliked it, because without a skin it looked awful. But now in the ingame view it is pretty nice.
And I have an important question. At least it is important for me: Is the crosshair customizeable? I hope so because i don't prefer a circle as crosshair. But it is just a tiny detail. If the rest of Nosferatu is fine, i'll fogive you for the crosshair - even if it is not customizeable :) .
At the moment I am not sure what all the circles of the HUD are supposed to show. But either I check it by myself or I'll know it after the next update (what is more likely, hehe).
OK, I have written really a lot now. I have to comclude that everything looks nice and it seems you guys are doing a really good job. Keep on doing it and we all hope for a soon (beta-) release of Nosferatu.

Best Regards,
Superguppy

edit: removed misspellings
Linux is like a wigwam. No Windows, no Gates ... and an Apache inside!
Superguppy

Postby azelito on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:05 pm

I just looooove the colt ingame. Cant wait for the USP Match to be done!
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Ghostface on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:07 pm

The crosshair is also customizeable : color, alpha, size and of course you can choose between different crosshairs and your own as well :)

However the circle is better from a psychological point of view. Your brain can process "IF IN CIRCLE PRESS MOUSE BUTTON" faster than "IF INSIDE REGULAR CROSSHAIR PRESS MOUSE BUTTON".

Thats the reason why the army changed the sniper crosshairs to circles.

But hey! Everyone should use what he/she prefers :)
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Hades2064 on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:12 pm

Looks so pretty
...Memento Mori...
Hades2064

Postby Superguppy on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:13 pm

Thats the reason why the army changed the sniper crosshairs to circles.

Very interesting. I have never heard about this. But I'll believe you :D . I hope my brain also uses the faster circle-algorythm instead of the lame crosshair-algorythm. Let's see if I am compatible to it soon .....

Thanks for the fast reply,
Superguppy
Linux is like a wigwam. No Windows, no Gates ... and an Apache inside!
Superguppy

Postby Darkflame on Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:32 am

Everything is looking great. Only things bothering me are the shotgun, might look better when skinned, and the hands which almost look worst than what the Unreal engine spits out and calls hands. But keep nocking :D
Darkflame

Postby Nuclear on Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:10 am

well well thats a nice ingame shot hmm havent been as active on the boards sorry about that guys but promise ill get my shit together :)
Paul Kersey: It's like killing roaches -You have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?
Nuclear
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby azelito on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:55 am

Yea Nuclear, well need your help calibrating the guns soon enough.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Mort Rouge on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:10 am

REALLY great... Love those ingames...

Just one thing: The skin on the hands look too... Smooth... It's not very "skinny".
Mort Rouge

Postby Pete on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:16 am

Hooray, an update.

A few things:

-The P22 skin shown is slightly old (it's now got more details and stuff, like holes in top of the compensator, and the slide now looks more silver-ish)
-The Sawnoff model is also a bit old, that 'stick' on the bottom of the pistol grip has been turned into a sling mount like it should be, slightly reduced polycount, and a few accuracy fixes to the front end.

I'm also quite proud of the P22. The grip pattern was tricky, but worth it in the end. :)
Pete
team pelvicTHRUST
team pelvicTHRUST

Postby Ghostface on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:33 am

Its a lighting thingy but I will see what I can do about the handskin.
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Insulaner on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:54 am

Pete wrote:I'm also quite proud of the P22. The grip pattern was tricky, but worth it in the end. :)

I hope you know, that you're going to tell me how you did it?
(+dru-) If the entire german language could be summed up into one small word, it'd be 'achtung!'
Insulaner
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Next

Return to News