Playermodels

News which are displayed on the frontside.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:24 am

TheFrog4u wrote:handskins have been redone.. when u compare the last ingame sreens to the handrenders, u´ll easily figger this out :P

hey, I think you're right. now that I look at the previous update's renders again they don't look nearly as blurry as I remember them being. cheers. :)
Kilt Gaston

Postby AngelAlucard-X on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:18 am

Dang those are nice. And I ythink that ripped up one looks like one of the ones I suggested... Total quality. Awsome job Guys... How up to date will my PC have to be to run highest quality?
AngelAlucard-X

Postby Ghostface on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:05 am

If you can run halflife2 on full settings, so will you be able to do with nosferatu.
This might slightly change tho, if everything works out the way I planned for the future.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby AngelAlucard-X on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:15 am

Ghostface wrote:If you can run halflife2 on full settings, so will you be able to do with nosferatu.
This might slightly change tho, if everything works out the way I planned for the future.

Nobody can run HL2 full spec smoothly. My friend with a top of the Line AMD/GeForce SLI Machine can't, and my friend with a top of the Pentium/Radeon machine can't either.

I have a Radeon 9600 with 256 MB DDR Vram, a 2.4 GHZ Intel Celeron D, and 2x 256 MB of DDR 184 pin Ram Running in Dual Channel. What will I be able to run this game at?
AngelAlucard-X

Postby Mazu on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:20 am

TheFrog4u wrote:everything of nos is nothin but quality! :wink:

just what we gamers need 8)
btw those skins looks really nice :P
Mazu

Postby Roberticus on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:21 am

AngelAlucard-X wrote:
Ghostface wrote:If you can run halflife2 on full settings, so will you be able to do with nosferatu.

Nobody can run HL2 full spec smoothly.

Uhm, I can :?

*edit*
Forgot to comment on the news..
That vampire surely does look great, what will it look like ingame? :P
Roberticus

Postby don on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:39 am

Pretty much the same, the only noticeable visual difference will be, that the scare is going to be surrounded by 5x5meter crates, hihi! :lol:

I was putting "it" (?), into one previews screenshot:

...and since we all love colors so much:

Kick the bucket, Bloodsuckers.
don

Postby TheFrog4u on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:50 am

AngelAlucard-X wrote:

Nobody can run HL2 full spec smoothly. My friend with a top of the Line AMD/GeForce SLI Machine can't, and my friend with a top of the Pentium/Radeon machine can't either.

I have a Radeon 9600 with 256 MB DDR Vram, a 2.4 GHZ Intel Celeron D, and 2x 256 MB of DDR 184 pin Ram Running in Dual Channel. What will I be able to run this game at?

Noboday can´t tell u the real requirements of nos yet, because we don´t know it exactly. The HL2 thing was an example what u could expect.
We might include some features which need good mashines, but we will see how they affect the performance when everything comes together.
Also guys with older mashines don´t have to be afraid: it will also be quite good looking in lower details.
A discussion makes nos sence. We´ll post the requirements when we know it :)

edit:

hehe, nice one don!
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby don on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:31 pm

Thanks! I was wondering if you guys are planning on adding vampire NPCs or Bots aswell, that are chained up somewhere! It would be cool if you are entering a room and suddenly this bastard is jumping to your throat, untill he gets bumped back by the chain. Damn, what a "cardiac infarction-causer" for newbies that would be! Genetic engineering often plays a main role in vampire movies and modified "super-vampires" just there to horrify you, could be funny - if you guys are able to make high quality animations and got the time and stubborn willingness to add such crap, :lol:
don

Postby MenZa on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:00 pm

azelito wrote:The old desert theme is a lot easier on the eyes than the winter theme. I like that.

Agreed.
Oh yeah, awesometastic models. The Scare is really awesome, blew my expectations away!
MenZa

Postby don on Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:56 pm

Slayers also often got this kind of thrilling and shocking visions, while they are hunting. I was considering this intense range, when I was making those 2 wallpapers and esp. the black and white one gave me that hint. Now the question: Are you, the talented artists and programmers, able or are you concerning of adding a feature, which could be called "shock visions"? If you run around or if you are watching a vampire for quite a quile then your screen could turn black and white, or you get a blured vision or something like that, for a very short moment. You could also look at aesthetic looking vampires and suddenly see their skeleton etc. (for about a second or two). Real beauties could turn into grisly monsters or anything in that direction. This should not weaken the strength of slayers gameplaywise, but it would give you a real goose-flesh, while you are playing the game. Intense and amazing effects apart from fancy dying-fx's, weather or cool animations would be awesome!
don

Postby Witzzard on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:20 pm

*laughs* damn with all those funny ideas to scare the hell out of a hunter i think the game would be the coolest game in a cooperate mode *G*
A handfull of Hunter chasing through a campaing. And then 'level' after level they got scared like nothing else *G*
Hmm Seperate them and give em VOIP (allways on) and wait how long it would take to get them really nervous *G*.
Hmm Add a recorder for the voice chat. I think this would be a great fun *G*.

But as multiplayer it sounds also great :)
Witzzard

Postby FraGGer on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:49 pm

heh yea

whatsup with the *G* thing ?
[img]http://www.tuimz.nl/moon.gif[/img]
FraGGer
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby don on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:17 pm

I see mutated Rottweilers in a kennel, that are freaking the shit outta everyone that runs past them! :lol:

On the other hand this could also be used gameplay-wise. Let's say we have limited ammo and there is one route which splites up into two. One of them is secure and the other one is guarded by a chained up uber-vampire bot. If you are alone then you have to take the safe way, because it would take too much ammo to kill it and getting too close would mean that it would pull your brain out thru the nose. If another mate is going with you, then you could kill it (spray and pray) and move on. Boosting is very popular in other games and this would also require teamwork - #2men's firepower.
Another mission could be that Slayers have to assault a vampire nest and kill the chained up monsters - or they would have to plant a bomb (wow what an Idea - let's us call it a sunlight-fragbomb to sound more original), there. Something in that direction. Vampires could also be able to free those monsters as a sort of vampire skill (similar to duplication - just with the difference, that the bots or npcs are working on their own and attack everyone) - I don't know. I am gonna stop there, :lol:
don

Postby Pardner on Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:19 am

Good job on the models/skins!!! this is one of the coolest updates in a while. Im psyched!!!
When will we be seeing them in an ingame screen? (other than a photoshoped one)
Pardner

PreviousNext

Return to News