Playermodels

News which are displayed on the frontside.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Playermodels

Postby Ghostface on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:32 pm

Well to make it short it's the same bla as always (good/steady progress but busy as hell).
Anyway I won't write 2 pages of excuses on why we haven't updated in a while since we don't owe you anything at all (unless you give us insane amounts of alcohol, women or money - preferable all 3 at once).
Enough bla, lets move on to the actual content.

First of all something that hasn't been shown before - playermodels.
The scare is our weirdo vampire modelled by azelito and skilled by LOOM.
Next comes the thug who takes a break from stealing in order to kill some vampires.
Image Image

Now here's the scare fully skinned, already this week, as a little *cough*excuse*cough* for being a little late with the news.
Oh and since a single pic in the middle of this news seems a little lonely I will just show you Pete's revised USC skin as well.
Image Image

(in case you don't remember what the old skin looked like click here - Note: the render (of the old skin) was a bit crappy tho <- my fault)

And since I got this nice "wallpaper-portfolio-something" from LOOM of his scare skin, and since it fits so nicely at the bottom of this news post, I will just throw it in with some subconscious job advertising:

Dead Rabbit Software seeking player skinner

Yes Loom is doing one hell of a job as a skinner but we still need some additional support in this department.
So if you think you got the skills, make sure that you have something to show and contact me any way you'd prefer

Btw. the nice socket in the player renders has been brought to you by TheFrog4u, oh and regarding player size: don't complain about the renders they will be all pretty much the same height ingame, even if some of them look a bit taller/smaller compared to the socket). New ingame screens will follow in the next updates due to me having some problems with my gfx-card at the moment.
Last edited by Ghostface on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby y0himba on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:59 pm

You....said...reply...in...th...th...th...(THUD) :P
My Web Site: http://www.y0himba.net
Last 5 Songs Played:
y0himba

Postby Kilt Gaston on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:01 am

ooh, that scare player model is fucking nice, I was afraid that the player models would be similar to HL1 quality, glad to see I'm wrong. nice normal mapping as well. :)
Kilt Gaston

Postby TheFrog4u on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:07 am

wtf KILT!!! ..we ever disapointed u?.. pff.. everything of nos is nothin but quality! :wink:
and btw: there r no normal-maps..
Last edited by TheFrog4u on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby y0himba on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:10 am

I am relatively new around here, but it looks like this is not going to dissapoint at all :)
My Web Site: http://www.y0himba.net
Last 5 Songs Played:
y0himba

Postby Ghostface on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:21 am

there r no normal-maps..

there are normalmaps even though on this model Loom used bumpmaps (iirc).

Anyway common non-game-developer-people tend to mix normal and bumpmaps up :)
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:59 am

TheFrog4u wrote:wtf KILT!!! ..we ever disapointed u?

only with the first-person hand textures. :P

P.S. don't call me that, just because I can't tell a parallax map from a hole in the ground doesn't mean I'm not experienced in one form or another of game development!
Kilt Gaston

Postby broken on Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:27 am

Great work as always guys! Can't wait to see it in game.
Better reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.
broken

Postby Superguppy on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:03 am

Wooooooha, nice! It still remember the last update ..... i think it was really a long time ago :P . But this one makes everything ok again and i start to like the game more than before. I am looking forward to the first version i can play on my own. By the way, guys - what's about some new rendering videos? This may give the game a "living" touch.

Regards,
Superguppy
Linux is like a wigwam. No Windows, no Gates ... and an Apache inside!
Superguppy

Postby don on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:52 am

Damn, those playermodels turned out well! The Appearance and looks are of very high quality. Also the way you guys present your project is pretty impresive! I hope that the animations and gameplay will rock aswell. I am sure that you will make a noise in the cyberworld, when you finally launch the game - you would deserve it! It is always great to see such professional work done, that is based on a rather old game, so that we can run everything on high (mostley) settings, I guess. What a nasty boy the scare is, :lol:

Awesome!11
Kick the bucket, Bloodsuckers.
don

Postby TheFrog4u on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:02 pm

Kilt Gaston wrote:
TheFrog4u wrote:wtf KILT!!! ..we ever disapointed u?

only with the first-person hand textures. :P

handskins have been redone.. when u compare the last ingame sreens to the handrenders, u´ll easily figger this out :P
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Icarus on Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:56 pm

I'd hit those screens thrice each and call them daddy. Great update guys, that new model is disgustingly awesome, and the skin remake looks great.
Ghostface wrote:Icarus answered all questions exactly the way I would have.

I qualify him officialy to answer questions like that.
Icarus
Certified to answer nos related stuff

Postby Ghostface on Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:05 pm

don wrote:Damn, those playermodels turned out well! The Appearance and looks are of very high quality. Also the way you guys present your project is pretty impresive! I hope that the animations and gameplay will rock aswell. I am sure that you will make a noise in the cyberworld, when you finally launch the game - you would deserve it! It is always great to see such professional work done, that is based on a rather old game, so that we can run everything on high (mostley) settings, I guess. What a nasty boy the scare is, :lol:

Awesome!11

Hehe while the game is designed to remain playable on older rigs, theres are some feature (not affecting the gameplay tho) which will require a up2date pc in order to have them enabled. More about this in one of the next udpates :)
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Witzzard on Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:13 pm

Ugh that are really bad looking player modells ..... i mean damn how bad will it look playing a modell with some 'pinned to it ground' sliding above the map?! Are we playing tabletop or Risk or such a thing?!
;))))
hehe just joking...
they are looking nice... So now i'm waiting for the first great looking animations of some models ;)

So i think you did great work as allways....
Witzzard

Postby azelito on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:26 pm

The old desert theme is a lot easier on the eyes than the winter theme. I like that.
azelito
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Next

Return to News