Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Well a vampire game without vampire section ? Can't be, so everything (non game related) vampire goes here.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

Postby MarV on Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:45 pm

Yeah its very buggy ;) and Troika got an ass kick forever. But i really love the VTM Storys and Games. The first had one of the best lovestorys ever seen but its more like: "location A location B, 80 enemys to kill. Get a weapon and own them all!". Bloodlines more Story, less battles and great style. @ bloodlines I played Toreador and one time Nossi ;). Bloodlines had a big technical problem, but the perfect style for a Whitewolf P&P conversion. Both great games!
Image Image
MarV
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Draco on Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:59 am

I played as a nosferatu, they are the coolest class ever once you have full obfuscate. I didn't finish it, I played through the whole game without blood packs untill I got to the chinese lady, I got my arse handed to me :o Invisibilty couldn't save me
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Draco

Postby Kilt Gaston on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:32 pm

lol.

I recently found out that one of my clanmates is a member of the Bloodthirst mod team and is trying to get me to join, the chances of me doing so are slim though, as I'm a member of a Korean war mod for BF2, and are applying to join an action mod for HL2. :P
Kilt Gaston

Postby Hades2064 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:45 pm

Tremere are best i think.Bloodmagic is very strong.
...Memento Mori...
Hades2064

Postby MarV on Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:43 pm

Yeah Tremere are the strongest but not the coolest ;)
Image Image
MarV
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Subslaytanic on Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:26 pm

If you ask me, the Tremere are...let's say...they...tend...to make love to the same gender. ;D
Just an old WoD-Stereotype-Tremere-r-so-unbelievable-gay-statement, my pal likes to make. :D
However, I really love the vampire games, because I'm fascinated of the World Of Darkness, that's why I play(ed) a Vampire pen n paper game, too.
Did you see the red mist block your path?
Did the scissors cut their way to your heart?
Did you feel the envy for the sons of mothers tearing you apart?
Arriving somewhere but not here...
Subslaytanic

Postby Dexter on Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:45 pm

I have Bloodlines but I ended up getting really bored of it fast and didn't make it far. I wish it would have been more open like GTA because the story didn't keep me in at all. And I think the character creation could have been more in depth. Now Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption was a LOT better because I loved the story to that game. One of the very few games I stuck with till the end.
Dexter

Postby Witzzard on Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:45 am

Never played the first Vampire. But the second got a great style. Very stylish and creepy.
My theory is that Troika had problems with valve. Troika was developing Vampire with the early HL2 enginge and while Valve was that dump to let somebody steal their code Troika never get a full help for the code they got from valve...

Troika is closed and fucking valve not... :?

´The character creation could have been more in depth? Yeah, sure they planned that. But they hadn't enough time to balance it. I don't know wich you had to do, but i think there's a mod out with wich you could see that they had planned to add a char background, like a Malcavian Ninja wich fears rubber ducks (so a real crazy background for them) and alot of other things, like they had in Arcanum ....

I'm really upset that Vampires Bloodlines is that bad, because it had a lot of potential... great facial expression of the chars, good voices, great music, a fine story, a creepy style of graphic... etc.
But if you ever opened the console and saw the hundreds of errors you can imagine what went wrong. Ant also the game length, it could have been alot more (for my taste)...

GTA like... only the engine...
A german poem (part) by myself

Ich dacht’ ich war dir nah,
doch warst du niemals wirklich da.
Dacht ich hätte dich verstanden,
doch hat dieses Verstehen nie bestanden. [...]
Witzzard

Postby Ghostface on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:07 am

yeah the engine really sucks in bloodlines. Plus it runs way slower than halflife2 :(
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Witzzard on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:09 am

Hmm okay that it would run a little slower then HL2 would be normal ... I mean they added a lot of stuff.
Skill-Scripts, more facial Expressions (i think so) and such things. But the way it run is much too slow...

As i mentioned before i will keep on thinking that they got problems with valve and their support because of the stolen code and then with their publisher. The publisher wouldn't allow them to take more time and valve working on the code not giving them enough information about the code they got....
At least this will be forever my theory until the lead programmer behind Vampire Bloodlines ring me up and tell me it was their fault ;)
A german poem (part) by myself

Ich dacht’ ich war dir nah,
doch warst du niemals wirklich da.
Dacht ich hätte dich verstanden,
doch hat dieses Verstehen nie bestanden. [...]
Witzzard

Postby ghost on Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:16 pm

Never heard of it
ghost

Postby Drahcir on Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:55 pm

This game rulz its the first Vampire game i ever played but saddly it is buggy and as such suffers but the characters rule smilin jack has gotta be the best character in the game, tbh the tutoral aint that bad and it is made barable by jack. i played thought it twice and was toreador and brujah but the story did loose my attention for a awhile
Drahcir

Previous

Return to Vampires