So what the hell is up ?

News which are displayed on the frontside.

Moderator: Dead Rabbit Software

So what the hell is up ?

Postby Ghostface on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:39 pm

What the hell is up ?

That is the question everyones asking.
No update since X-Mas, is the game (it's still a game and not a mod you know :P ) dead ?

The answer is... of course it's NOT.

Did you really think that I am going to let all the work done on this die ?
NO, I certainly won't.

Anyway lots of stuff happened in my life. Finishing school, army, getting a job, breaking up with my girlfriend, moving out into my own flat, getting back together with my girlfriend, being busy as hell and working myself to death at my job, you name it.

Anyway its time to get back to active nos development however the developing concept changed a little.

I learned a lot and thus plans have changed.
I spent lots of time coding uber cool awesome stuff into nos that wasn't 100% perfect or unstable and whatnot. This resulted in a very unstable build with lots of unfinished code junks.

I always wanted to release an awesome first release with 10000 of cool features and whatnot delaying the release endlessly.

Anyway, here's the new development plan:

First of all we are going to release a board internal beta, which will feature the important parts and gameplay elements.
Everyone will be able to participate and test it, giving feedback on what sucks and whats cool. We can balance everything out and test stuff.

Lots of (auto)updates with short development cycles will then be released and tested by you. You should then give us feedback about what needs improvement, what's good etc.

Please note that I am not going to recode all already coded features and elements from scratch but rather merge the code from the unfinished/unstable nos build, then improve/finish the code and release it for testing.

We are then going 100% public once we reach version 1.0 which means a balanced and feature rich version of nos.

So the first beta version of nos will hit soon but will most likely not include awesome weapon sounds, advanced physics etc.

Please note that this doesn't mean that the first board beta will suck :P

I would like to thank all the people and board users at this point for supporting us for this long, and sorry again for the last months of silence.

Btw. even though I haven't done that much the last month, a couple of team members still worked on content for nos, including brand new player models :)

Stay tuned

Ghostface
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby don on Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:02 pm

Thanks for the letting us know what's going on and how you want to continue to work. When I first found the website I was amazed by all the little details you were telling us through the design document and how you guys presented the whole project. Your plans were huge! I guess that a lot of time went into nosferatu so far and everything looks pretty awesome!

The new developing concept sounds good and I hope it will work out great too!
Kick the bucket, Bloodsuckers.
don

Postby Kilt Gaston on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:46 pm

good to finally hear some news from you, I'll be looking forward to any future updates and the board internal beta especially. :)
Kilt Gaston

Postby TheFrog4u on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:10 pm

what.. and noone is telling me? :P ..ok, so i´ll have to finish another playermodel.. jark jark.. and ghost? we may release renders of those other playermodels meanwhile?
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Napoli on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:39 pm

about time hehe...
Heh
Napoli

Postby Mort Rouge on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:56 pm

I love you ghostie :roll: !

I was just going to write a big fat rant about this project not being updated, but before I could do I was greeted be today's news.

Bless you!

And... who's gonna be in the beta :P?
Mort Rouge

Postby ProXhimo on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Oh yeah, when i saw the new newspost on the main site I think i came alittle in my pants.

Thanks dude.
"Stand aside, or you will be struck down..... Die then" - REGIS Mark V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bilYHoHNs8A
ProXhimo

Postby Subslaytanic on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:04 pm

DAMN! This was the point, where I almost started to think, you guys buried this hell of a game concept. I'm looking forward to the first Beta (and hope, to be included, if not EVERY board member is :D )!!
Thanks ghostface, you made my day!
Did you see the red mist block your path?
Did the scissors cut their way to your heart?
Did you feel the envy for the sons of mothers tearing you apart?
Arriving somewhere but not here...
Subslaytanic

Postby Ghostface on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:38 pm

Btw. in other news I switched to linux cause windows sucks BIG, thus linux binaries are 100% sure for the first release (woot).

Oh and Frog theres even a brand new playermodel that not even YOU have seen yet by a secret new playermodeler (the skin is about to be finished right now :)
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Icarus on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:45 pm

Bang. Comeback.
Ghostface wrote:Icarus answered all questions exactly the way I would have.

I qualify him officialy to answer questions like that.
Icarus
Certified to answer nos related stuff

Postby TheFrog4u on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Ghostface wrote:Oh and Frog theres even a brand new playermodel that not even YOU have seen yet by a secret new playermodeler (the skin is about to be finished right now :)

Haha.. I´m 85% sure I know wich playermodel u r talking about.. if its is that i´m thinking of it´s realy cool.. an older grandpa-like vampire, right?
azelito wrote:So let's write that in the manual "Don't hold the button. Because that sucks"

TheFrog4u
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Pardner on Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Glad to hear it :D :D
Pardner

Postby Ghostface on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:38 pm

Well looks a bit like the reverend from poltergeist
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Postby Kilt Gaston on Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:08 pm

Mort Rouge wrote:And... who's gonna be in the beta :P?

his post says that it's a board internal beta, which to me suggests that the testers will be us faithful community members. :wink:
Kilt Gaston

Postby Ghostface on Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:15 pm

Kilt Gaston wrote:
Mort Rouge wrote:And... who's gonna be in the beta :P?

his post says that it's a board internal beta, which to me suggests that the testers will be us faithful community members. :wink:

bingo
Ghostface
Dead Rabbit Software
Dead Rabbit Software

Next

Return to News